Tuesday 9 April 2019

Mozzarella Chicken

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


This is a dish that I often make, but it's the first time I've posted about it. I'm always a little nervous when it comes to cooking chicken, I'm always scared that I'm going under cook but thankfully it always ends up cooked just right.
Today's dish is chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella.
Let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
4 skinless chicken breast fillets
4 tsp green pesto
125 g mozzarella cheese
4 thin slices parma ham
250 g cherry plum tomatoes, halved
75 ml dry white wine or chicken stock
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

Start off by preheating your oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7, place the chicken breasts on a board and cut a deep pocket into each of them.

Next place a teaspoon full of pesto in each pocket.

Next cut your cheese into 4 equal pieces and divide between the chicken breasts, tucking them into the pockets.

Wrap a slice of the parma ham around each of the chicken breasts, to keep the filling within and with the join of the parma ham underneath.

Place the chicken in a shallow ovenproof dish and arrange the tomatoes around the chicken breasts.

Next season the chicken with salt and pepper.

Pour the wine over the chicken and then drizzle with the oil.

Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. To check that the chicken is cooked through, cut into the middle to check that there are no remaining traces of pink or red. any juices that run out should be clear and piping hot with visible steam.
Once cooked you're ready to serve, I served with herby baby potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots.

As it's only myself and Skye that I mainly cook for, I obviously only cooked 2 chicken breasts but kept the recipe as if I was cooking for 4. I always enjoy when I've cooked this dish but I do think I will get a smaller oven proof dish to cook them in as, I couldn't use the tomatoes as they'd completely burnt and there wasn't any juices left to pour over the chicken and the rest of the dish. I always think that this dish seems it would be a but difficult and fiddly to make but it's pretty easy and straight forward.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment