Monday 25 March 2019

Henry - Trap

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Bit of a change this week for K-pop Monday, it's time to introduce you to soloist Henry, Henry Lau is a singer, rapper, composer, dancer, entertainer and actor, I introduced you to actor Henry when I posted about Oh My Venus, his name has also appeared in Super Junior posts, but now it's time for solo singer Henry. He's mainly active in South Korea and China and made his debut in 2008 with Super Junior's Chinese sub-unit group Super Junior-M under SM Entertainment. As well as his own music, Henry has produced several songs for various artists, television dramas and is also part of the composing team NoizeBank.
In April 2018, his contract with SM Entertainment expired, with him deciding not to renew, effectively leaving both the company and Super Junior-M, he is now signed with Monster Entertainment and Korean label AXIS and has his own studio named Henry Workshop.

Trap is Henry's debut solo mini album under SM Entertainment, on the 31st of May 2013, the M/V teaser for his title track Trap, featuring label mates Kyuhyun and Taemin.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 3rd of June 2013, the 1st Mini Album 'Trap' Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 7th of June the M/V for Trap was released along with the physical and digital release of Henry's debut solo mini album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 14th of August 2013, SM Entertainment announced that Henry would have follow-up promotions for the re-release of his song 1-4-3 (I Love You) as a digital single and would feature his friend and then label mate Amber of F(x). A few days later on the 23rd of August, his digital single for 1-4-3 (I Love You) was released, which also included an English version of his debut single Trap.

Henry was the original lyric writer for 1-4-3 (I Love You), My Everything and Ready 2 Love, meaning that these songs were probably originally written in English and then rewritten in Korean for his album.
As part of NoizeBank, Henry composed 1-4-3 (I Love You), My Everything and Ready 2 Love.

Trap peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.45 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.3 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
38,388+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Trap has gained 66,884,600 million views, with the views increasing on a daily basis.

Trap is set out in a standard sized hardback book style case, containing the Cd and photo book.
The photo book is really colourful and seems to showcase Henry as art as well as him having fun.

Track List:
Trap
1-4-3 (I Love You)
My Everything
Ready 2 Love
Holiday
I Would
Trap (Featuring Cho Kyuhyun)
Trap (Featuring Lee Taemin)










 




There's something about Henry's voice, for me he has a distinctive voice, he may now be on the vocal line of singers like Super Junior's Kyuhyun but, he does have a powerful voice, and it has the power to bring me to ease and just sit and listen to him sing. I think the album layout is pretty simple which some may think that for his solo debut was pretty poor, but I love that the photo book is small and that the pictures follow the same concept as I think Henry himself sees not only his music but all music as art and a way to express oneself. I love each and every song on this mini album, each one is different from the previous and no matter the tempo, showcases Henry's vocals perfectly. Every time I listen to this album I feel it sets up my mood for the rest of the day and has me fired up ready to tackle what may lay ahead in the day. I'm glad we get a track in English as I think it helped Henry express his emotion even more in this song, I'd never heard Henry sing a ballad style of song before and when I heard I Would, I was blown away to the point that I shed a few tears and still do when I hear this song.

Trap

1-4-3 (I Love You)

My Everything

Ready 2 Love

Holiday

I Would

Trap (Feat Kyuhyun)

TV-People
Trap (Feat Taemin)

MBCkpop
I hope now that Henry has left SM Entertainment, we get to hear more new music from him, he was really underrated and held back while under their "care". Overall he released 2 solo mini albums while a part of SM and the last album release will be 5 years this year, even part of Super Junior-M their last album was back in 2014. Don't get me wrong he still released songs, but when I say songs they were odd songs as part soundtracks and SM Station, but nothing that really promoted him and his talent. Fingers crossed we get a new album soon as well as new music and seeing the spotlight more on Henry Lau.

Were you a fan of Henry's solo debut?
Do you have a favourite track from Trap?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment