Monday 22 October 2018

LABOUM - Between Us

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Back in November (2017), I introduced you to South Korean girl group Laboum, Between Us is not only the groups first comeback in just under a year and a half but it's also their first comeback as a 5-piece group after their youngest member Yulhee, left the group and the groups company and became a mummy (my first K-pop baby). Between Us is the groups 5th Single Album.
On the 9th of July 2018, a teaser image was released announcing their comeback.
Google Images
On the 11th of July 2018, Solbin's teaser image was released.
Google Images
On the 12th of July 2018, ZN's teaser image was released.
Google Images
On the 13th of July 2018, Haein's teaser image was released.
Google Images
On the 16th of July 2018, Soyeon's teaser image was released.
Google Images
On the 17th of July 2018, Yujeong's teaser image was released.
Google Images
On the 19th of July 2018, the Between Us track list was released
Google Images
On the 22nd of July 2018, the 체온 (Between Us) M/V teaser was released.
Owned  by Global H Media
On the 25th of July 2018, the 체온 (Between Us) Performance M/V teaser was released.
Owned by Global H Media
On the 27th of July 2018, the 체온 (Between Us) M/V was released, along with the digital and physical release of their 5th single album Between Us.
Owned by Global H Media
On the 8th of August 2018, the 체온 (Between Us) dance practice was released.
Owned by Global H Media
On the 28th of August 2018, a dance practice was released for track Love Game.
Owned by Global H Media

Member Soyeon co-wrote and co-composed on their title track 체온 (Between Us).

Between Us peaked at No.17 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
4,980+
*YouTube views were correct at the time of wrting post*
The M/V for 체온 (Between Us) has so far gained 1,612,352 million views through YouTube channel SUPER SOUND Bugs!, while through the OFFICIAL LABOUM YouTube channel the M/V has gained 356,362 thousand views, giving the M/V a total of 1,968,714 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

Between Us is set out in a glossy book album case, following the design from their Miss This Kiss album photobook. The album comes with a random member photocard.

Track List:
체온 (Between Us)
Love Game
체온 (Between Us) Inst.





















 I love that even though Laboum come from a smaller company, their album concepts and layouts are just stunning. They always have such pretty albums and pictures. I love everything about this album, from the colours, to the styling, to the music. Even though we only get two tracks, they are completely different, continuing to show how versatile Laboum is when it comes the style of music they do. I can't help but wonder if they would have still made a comeback with 체온(Between Us) if Yulhee was still part of Laboum, it would have been nice to see the six of them show off a more mature concept and sound. I think I have to say that 체온 (Between Us) is my favourite song from Laboum, I love the melody as well as the vocals. Both Love Game and 체온 (Between Us) are memorable tracks for me and I often find myself humming them to myself even when I'm not listening to them. I can't wait to see what they comeback with on their next comeback and I hope their fanbase continues to grow, so that they can get the recognition they deserve.


체온 (Between Us)

Mnet K-POP
Love Game

Laboum are about to make their Japanese debut with their track Hwi Hwi, I think it's nice that they kept Yulhee's vocals on the song and that she allowed them to do so, personally for me I think if they had removed her vocals it would have seemed like they were forgetting that she was ever a member.

Do you think this comeback would have suited Yulhee?
Is it your favourite Laboum title track?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment