Saturday 7 July 2018

Korean Drama - To Be Continued

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
It's time to share with you another Korean drama that I've watched and this week it's To Be Continued.

Google Images
To Be Continued is a South Korean web drama series, it aired from the 20th of August 2015 until the 3rd of September 2015. The series aired through MBC Every1 and ran for 12 episodes with each episode lasting around 15-20 minutes, it was also known as We Became Stars and Become Our Star.

Stars:

Kim Sae Ron as Jeong Ae Rin

Google Images

Cha EunWoo as Himself
Google Images
  
MoonBin as himself
Google Images

MJ as Himself
Google Images

Rocky as Himself
Google Images

Jin Jin as Himself
Google Images

Yoon SanHa as Himeself
Google Images

Yeo Reum as Herself
Google Images

The series is a teen fantasy romance drama telling the story of 3 boys in a male idol group who suddenly slip 2 years back in time on the eve of their stage debut.

Google Images
On the eve of their stage debut, 3 lads from a six-member boy band suddenly and inexplicably find themselves deposited 2 years back in time. Their leader EunWoo warns the others against changing anything of their past so that they can maintain their bright future, but he himself makes a big change that could derail their K-pop careers.

Google Images
I had this on my list on Netflix to watch for a while, I knew of Astro but it wasn't until I decided to watch To Be Continued that I actually became interested in Astro. I got know the names of the members pretty quickly and even though while my favourite member is Jin Jin, I couldn't help but love and adore MJ, I spent most of my time laughing at his reactions, he definitely added to the comedic value of the series. It was like watching a reality survival show, in that I knew that Astro had already debuted but would the series work out in the end, would friendships be fixed and would they get back to the present. Even though the episodes were short that didn't stop me from being pulled in and eager to watch the next one, I also loved that at the end of each episode you got a look behind the scenes and seeing the bloopers, which I think shows a more human side to the idols. I did actually cry at the end of the last episode and I loved how the final scene was shown of the group and how it changed to a still image introducing the groups name and telling us that their story was To Be Continued.
Google Images
I think short series' like this is a good way to introduce new groups to fans, as well as showcase what they bring as a group as well as individuals, as well as showcasing their vocals, rapping and dancing skills. Many new idols and groups when they do their first acting project can be cringe worthy but I was pleased with how Astro took on their roles and their acting.If you're just finding and getting into Astro then I think this is a good introduction to the members and putting names to faces.

I keep adding more drama's to my already long Korean drama list and even watching drama's that weren't on my list, I love that I can now choose to watch a drama either on Viki or Netflix and I love that Netflix are adding more Korean drama's, films and variety shows as it looks like the want is increasing.
It's been reported that Astro are having a comeback this month and I can't wait as it will be my first comeback with them and it eases all their fans minds as their future seemed unknown after their company having a little nosedive in the industry but I'm glad to ease their fans Astro are releasing a special album for them.

Were you a fan of To Be Continued?
Did the series introduce you to Astro?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment