Tuesday 5 June 2018

Eric Nam - Interview

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


When I started my note taking for this album I was really surprised with the time lengths between his mini albums, the longest being 3 years and it's quite sad that so far he's not yet released a full length album, I don't know why because his voice can melt hearts. I knew of the name Eric Nam and got introduced to him through watching After School Club episodes that some of my favourite groups were on, I was surprised to find out that he is singer as I mainly saw him being a host, the first time I heard him sing was on Amber's mini album and I fell in love with his voice. I decided last year to bite the bullet and buy one of his albums, even though I'd not really heard any of his own songs, shall we get to know him?

Eric Nam is a Korean American singer, songwriter and host and he's based in South Korea.  Eric was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia in the US, before changing his career to entertainment he had accepted a position as a business analyst at Deloitte Consulting in New York, after a video he posted on YouTube of him covering 2NE1's Lonely went viral, MBC invited him to South Korea, to compete on the popular programme Birth Of A Great Star 2, he placed within the top 5 and starting his career as in idol.

Eric made his debut in January 2013, three years later he came back with his 2nd mini album Interview.
On the 17th of March 2016, the Good For You M/V teaser was released.
Owned by Stone Music Entertainment
On the 23rd of March 2016, an M/V teaser was released for Interview.
Owned by Stone Music Entertainment
Also on the 23rd of March 2016, the M/V for Interview was later released.
Owned by Stone Music Entertainment
On the 24th of March 2016, the M/V for Good For You was released, along with the digital and physical release of Eric's 2nd mini album Interview.
Owned by Stone Music Entertainment

Eric co-wrote and co-composed tracks Stop The Rain, Good For You (International Ver.) and title track Good For You, he was also credited as a producer of the the tracks. 

Interview peaked at No.12 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
2,727+
*YouTube views correct at time of posting*
The Good For You M/V has so far gained 2,708,135 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

Interview is set out in a hardback book style case, with the pictures being in both colour and black & white, with the styling being both smart and casual. There are sections on both Korean and English where he reveals personal information about himself like he is being interviewed.
Cd is in a slot inside the album so it stands up when opened.

Track List:
Interview
Good For You
Stop The Rain
No Comment
Good For You (International Ver.)















I absolutely love this album as a whole, I love the layout and concept and I love how the Cd is slotted in the album, it was my first time seeing it placed like that. I love that he thought about his English speaking fans with the little personal snippets he put in there. From start to finish this album is perfect, it's the perfect album to sit back with a book and relax with. Eric's voice is perfect for the tracks, I wish I'd found him sooner. People might be wondering why I picked this album as my first release from him and I picked this album just based on the cover, I loved the white background with him in his blue suit, it really made him stand out. I'm really not doing a good job of making this album sound amazing but I think the only way you will see how amazing this album actually is and how melting his voice is, is by listening to it yourself.
Check out the tracks now below.

Interview

Good For You

Stop The Rain

No Comment

Good For You (International Ver.)

I could listen to Eric sing all day, I love his voice it's so silky and just melts me. I think he would do well no matter where he released music, it's a bonus that with his voice he's good looking, funny and so down to earth and you can tell that he really cares what his fans think, I hope that I can see him perform live one day.

Are you a fan of Eric Nam?
Whats your favourite track from Interview?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment