Wednesday 9 May 2018

Lemon Butterfly Buns

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


My last baking post was for Butterfly Buns, so I thought I'd give the Lemon Butterfly Buns a try as it's never really occurred to me to add any flavours to a classic baking recipe.
Let's get baking!


Ingredients:
Cupcake
100 g self raising flour
100 g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
100 g butter, softened
Zest from 1 lemon
Buttercream
100 g butter, softened
200 g icing sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp icing sugar for dusting (optional)

Start off by pre-heating your oven to 180C and pop 12 bun cases into a cake tin, then cream together the butter and caster sugar.

Next add 1 egg and mix, then add your 2nd egg and mix till combined.

Next add the lemon zest and mix into the mixture.

Next add your flour and baking powder and mix well.

Now evenly out the mixture into your 12 bun cases. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden brown, once ready remove from the oven and leave to cool.

While the buns are cooling you can start on your buttercream, mix together your butter, icing sugar and lemon juice. Once mixed well and your buns are cool you can move onto decorating them.

Using a sharp knife slice the top off of each bun which you will cut in half to use as the butterflies wings. Next spoon or pipe in the butter cream into each of the 12 holes in the buns and place your butterfly wings on the buttercream. Now if you choose to you are ready to dust the finished buns with icing sugar.

As you can see with the last few steps I forgot to take pictures as when I made these I was getting ready for work. The recipe I followed is another one of Mary Berry's, I think we can all agree that she is the baker to follow and if you would like to follow the original recipe that I used then head to Lemon Butterfly Cakes Recipe. I made these for my housewarming party and they were very well received which I am happy about as they were something new for me to make.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment