Tuesday 29 May 2018

Jessica - WONDERLAND

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)



I can't believe it's been over a year and a half that I last posted about Jessica, I'm also shocked with myself that I haven't shared this album sooner. Without further ado let's check out Jessica's 2nd mini album WONDERLAND.

On the 4th of December 2016, the 1st M/V teaser for title track WONDERLAND was released.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 6th of December 2016, the 2nd and final M/V teaser was released for WONDERLAND.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 10th of December 2016, the M/V for WONDERLAND was released along with the digital and physical release of Jessica's 2nd mini album of the same name.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 14th of December 2016, the Official WONDERLAND Behind The Scenes Video was released.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
Also on the 14th of December 2016, the Official WONDERLAND Album Jacket Shoot Behind The Scenes Video was also released.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 29th of December 2016, the WONDERLAND (English Version) Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 30th of December 2016, a English digital version was released of the WONDERLAND mini album.

Jessica wrote and co-composed 4 out of the 6 tracks on her mini album, as well as being credited as one of the produces. She wrote and co-composed Dancing On The Moon, Celebrate, World Of Dreams and title track WONDERLAND, all 4 tracks are the English digital release of the album.

WONDERLAND peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.85 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.7 on the Billboard World Albums Chart. WONDERLAND also peaked at No.75 on the Gaon Year-End Albums Chart for the year of 2016.
Gaon Sales:
39,774+
Oricon Sales:
1,773+
Giving a total of 41,547+ albums sold so far.
*YouTube views correct at the time of posting*
The M/V for WONDERLAND has so far gained 9,874,059 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

WONDERLAND is set out in a box slipcase with a hardback book style booklet. The first half of the album tells a story of Jessica's dream and journey to her dream land of white, the story is a continuation of her Fly M/V connecting With Love, J to WONDERLAND.
The second half of the album contains the photobook and lyrics, with the pictures taken at the same sets that the WONDERLAND M/V is shot.

Track List:
WONDERLAND
Dancing On The Moon
Celebrate
World Of Dreams
Beautiful
Tonight























































My jaw dropped when I first looked through this album, the artwork and colours used in the story are just gorgeous and I love how it connected her fly M/V to this comeback. I don't normally post the pictures from practically the whole album but, it's too gorgeous not to. I love each and every song on this album and it made me happier that she's no longer a part of Girls Generation as it shows she has more creative control over what she writes and puts into her albums, meaning she's putting more of herself and her feelings into these releases. I love that Jessica's photobooks always seem to focus on fashion (well she does have her own fashion business), the gorgeous scenery adds so much more to it. There is nothing bad that I can say about this album, from cover to cover it's aesthetically pleasing, from start to finish it has me singing along (yes I sing along, whether I'm pronouncing words right is another thing), it has me up dancing and personally for me it's my favourite album as a whole from Jessica. I love that she released an English version for the tracks she wrote, I think it shows she not only thinks about her Korean fans but also her international fans, strangely though I always listen to the Korean version, even if I have an English version on I confuse myself when I'm attempting to sing the Korean.
Like my last Jessica post I will be sharing the English versions of the tracks too as well as the Korean.
Check them out below.

WONDERLAND (Korean)
Jenirus

WONDERLAND (English)


Dancing On The Moon (Korean)


Dancing On The Moon (English)

Celebrate (Korean)


Celebrate (English)

World Of Dreams (English)
Beautiful


Tonight

The next time I'll be back with Jessica will be celebrating her 10 years since debut and hopefully we won't be waiting too long for Jessica to have another comeback and possibly a full length album.

Did you like WONDERLAND as an album?
What is your favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below?

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment