Thursday 2 February 2017

Cooking: Pasta Ratatouille

Hello
Annyeong
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


Some of the recipe's I'm going to share with you are in my diaries from 2016 and this years, as I tend to buy diaries that have cooking and baking recipe's, my aim is to do at least 1 baking recipe and 1 cooking recipe from each of the diaries and today's recipe is from my 2017 diary for January, so it's a little late being posted but we're not too far into February just yet, shall we get started?

Ingredients:
200 g sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into wedges
200 g parsnips, peeled & cut into large cubes
200 g carrots, peeled & cut into large pieces
110 g red onions, quartered
3-4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
75 ml clear honey
salt & ground pepper
500 g pasta of your choice
800 ml passata
2 sprigs rosemary & extra chopped for garnishing

Start off by preheating the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.

I didn't include the parsnips or the rosemary sprigs in my recipe as when I went to my local supermarket they didn't have any in.

I started off by peeling and cutting the carrots into large pieces and them placing them in an oven tray

I then peeled and cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and then placed them in the oven tray.

Next I took the skin off the red onion and then cut it into quarters and placed them in the oven tray.

Next peeled and added the garlic cloves, I only used 2 as they were quite big, you would also peel and cut the parsnips into large cubes and place them in the oven tray at this stage too.

Next I drizzled both the olive oil and the clear honey over the vegetables.

I used rosemary out of a seasoning tub as I couldn't find any rosemary sprigs and also seasoned with salt and pepper.

Next cook in the oven for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender and browned.

While the vegetables are in the oven cook the pasta, I used wholewheat penne pasta.

after 20 minutes remove the vegetables from the oven and squeeze the garlic cloves over them and add them to an empty saucepan (I added the sauce to the pan first).

Add the passata and bring it the boil, then let it simmer for a minute or 2.

Lastly serve on top of the pasta and then garnish with the extra chopped rosemary (I didn't add any extra rosemary).

I really enjoyed this dish and it was my first time cooking any sort of Ratatouille, the recipe says it serves 4 people which sounds about right as I cooked it for 3 of us and personally for me there was too much pasta, making me full pretty quickly meaning I didn't eat it all. I would love to try this recipe with the parsnips included to see how it changes the flavour. It was also really easy to make and the recipe was easy to follow, it's a recipe I would definitely recommend to a novice.

Let me know in the comments below if you try this recipe.

See you soon!


Annyeong
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment