Monday 21 May 2018

VIXX - EAU DE VIXX

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


It's been 8 months since I posted about VIXX as a full group with their mini album Shangri-La and I honestly didn't know what to expect from their next comeback as they always put something amazing out. This time they're back with their 3rd full length album EAU DE VIXX.

On the 29th of March, a poster was released announcing that VIXX was returning with their 3rd full length album EAU DE VIXX.
On the 30th of March, the EAU DE VIXX release scheduler was released.
On the 1st of April, a concept teaser image was released.
On the 2nd of April, a VIXX Concept History Video was released as well as a visualising teaser image.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
RealVIXX
On the 4th of April, the first set teaser images were released, one each of the members and also a group teaser images.






On the 5th of April, the second set of teaser images were released, again one each of the members and another group teaser image.




On the 9th of April, the EAU DE VIXX track list was released.

On the 11th of April, the Music Spoiler (Hidden Ver.) was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 13th of April, a Mute Choreography Spoiler was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 14th of April, the EAU DE VIXX Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 15th of April, the M/V teaser for 향 (Scentist) was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 17th of April, the M/V for 향 (Scentist) was released along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd full length album EAU DE VIXX.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 29th of April, Dance Practice video (Moving Cam Ver.) released for 향 (Scentist).

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
향 (Scentist) won VIXX 1 music show trophy through The Show.

Ravi wrote and co-composed tracks Silence, Circle, Escape and co-composed Navy & Shining Gold with Ken and Hyuk.
Ravi co-wrote title track 향 (Scentist), Odd Sense, My Valentine and 도원경 (Shangri-La).
Hyuk and Ravi co-wrote Good Day with Hyuk co-composing on the track.
N and Ravi co-wrote 닮아 (Resemble) with N co-composing on the track.
Ravi also co-wrote Trigger with Hyuk co-composing on the track.

EAU DE VIXX peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.36 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.4 on the Five-Music Albums Chart, No.25 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.3 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
79,262+
Oricon Sales:
1,364+
Giving a total of 80,990+ copies sold so far.
*YouTube views correct at the time of posting*
The M/V for 향 (Scentist) has so far gained 5,493,509 million views, with the views increasing on a daily basis.

EAU DE VIXX was released in 2 versions, a red version and a black version.
Both versions are set out in a hardback book style case, with the colour of the album being the colour of the version, the Cd designs are different and coordinates with the version.
The photobooks for both versions are completely different, the black version has all the pictures in black and white with the pages having a matte finish with the setting being outside, while the red version has all the pictures in colour with lots of close-ups with the pages having a glossy finish and the setting being inside.
Both versions come with a random postcard, random photocard and a scent guarantee card.

Track List:
향 (Scentist)
Odd Sense
Silence
My Valentine
Circle
Good Day
Escape
Trigger
닮아 (Resemble)
Navy & Shining Gold
도원경 (Shangri-La)
향 (Scentist) (Inst.)
















































As you can see from the pictures I have the red version of the album, I do hope to eventually get the black version so I have both. I love the whole layout of this album, I love the glossy pictures and as odd as it sounds I love the smell of the pages too. The first half of the pictures look very artsy and looked like they'd fit in any art gallery, There is a picture of Leo that actually looks like it's been painted. I love all the colours used and I love that that the 2nd half of the pictures are plain showing that VIXX always stand out. I love that the scent card actually spells and it's smells really pretty, now for the company that created the scents for VIXX to release them as perfumes for all us Starlight's.
I love the album from start to finish and I love that we have Hyuk and N finally getting their names in the creation of the track list, with the addition of Ken helping to compose on a track, I'm used to seeing Ravi's name, so I couldn't help but smile when I saw Hyuk and N had written songs, Hyuk has come a long way. I love that Shangri-La is on the album as I think the concept really fits in well with the Scentist concept, sadly for me this album ends way too fast that I end up replaying it. While I love all the tracks with it being a full album I'll only share with you a few of these amazing tracks.
Check them out below.
향 (Scentist)

Good Day


닮아 (Resemble)

Navy & Shining Gold
Kentaurus

Odd Sense

My Valentine

I've come to learn with VIXX that you should always expect the unexpected, they wouldn't be the concept kings if they always did what you were expecting and no matter what they do it's always aesthetically pleasing in all areas. I've also noticed that with their past few comebacks N has been constantly bias wrecking me, I love his voice and you can see the passion and sensuality when he's dancing, he's wanting you to fall under his spell and I'm always under it when he dances. I look forward to see what they comeback with next and I hope Jellyfish keeps them together when it comes to contract renewal as Hongbin has said that each member has stated they want to stay as VIXX and that it was now down to their company whether they were kept together.

Were you a fan of 향 (Scentist)?
Do you have a favourite track from EAU DE VIXX?
Which version do you have or want?
Let me know in the comment below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment