Thursday 24 September 2015

Manga Madness: Hatsune Miku


Hello
An-nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao



This week's Manga Madness is a little different, it's not about a manga series like I usually do it's an unofficial Manga that follows a girl that has taken Japan and the rest of the world by storm: Hatsune Miku. Who is she I hear you ask, well let me tell you a little about her.

Hatsune Miku (this is a Japanese name so the surname is said first, pronounced HatSoonE MeCoo) is a humanoid persona voiced by a singing synthesiser developed by Crypton Future Media, her name comes from merging the Japanese words: first (hatsu), sound (ne) and future (miku) translating as the first sound from the future, her voice is sampled from Japanese voice actress Saki Fujita and performs on stage at concerts via a animated projection. Miku is portrayed as a 16 year old girl and is often seen wearing her trademark look: thigh high boots, short suspender skirt, sleeveless shirt, arm bands/warmers tie, head mic and her hair in bunches/pigtails, her signature colour is Tourqouise. Many songs that Miku sings are fan-made along with many of the merchandise that is released. Miku is part of a group of humanoids called the Vocaloids and have been created into many things including the manga in this post.

Hatsune Miku has caught the eye of many individuals including Lady Gaga who had her as one of her opening acts during her American leg of her ArtRave: The Artpop Ball tour, she has also become popular among the Cosplay scene, before we get into the manga let me show you some of Miku's performances starting with my favourite.

World is Mine/ryo (supercell)
(By HatsuneMiku)

Magnet 
Hatsune Miku & Megurine Luka
(By Gaming & Anime)

Tell You World
(By Kanal von Smahaism)

Hatsune Miku opening up for Lady Gaga
(By chrismo2001)

Unofficial Hatsune Mix is wrote and illustrated by KEI and features characters from  Vocaloid 1 and 2, the manga was serialised in Jive's Shonen manga magazine Rush between 2008 and 2010 and released as a full volume in 2014. The manga is a collection of short stories featuring the Vocaloid star, it's set out into 31 chapters labelled as 1st SONG - 31st SONG. Where there is little that connects each chapter to one another, there is still a rough chronological order to the chapters taking into account when each character first appears. There is a mixture of both coloured and black and white images used throughout the manga, my favourites have to be the coloured images as they are as breathtaking as the last.

HATSUNE MIKU
NOW MIKU IS A MANGA!
Who's that girl with the long green ponytails you've been seeing everywhere? It's Hatsune Miku, the Vocaloid-the synthesizer super-star who's singing your song! She's a global cybercelebrity, a star of commercials, and a cosplay favourite at conventions!
Now Miku's original illustrator, KEI, brings you Unofficial Hatsune Mix - an omnibus manga of the musical adventures (and misadventures!) of Miku and her fellow Vocaloids Rin, Len, Luka and more - in both beautiful black-and-white and charming colour!









































I did start reading this back in October of 2014 when I went away for Halloween to Disney, it was my travelling reading material, but I've never finished it and it's sat on my Asian shelf ever since, don't let my lack of reading it turn you off on reading it yourself, I'm just really bad when it comes to reading things and not because it's a bad read but just because I can get bored of reading in general, I often have to force myself to read and I'm always glad when I do. I was thinking last night if Miku had been created back when Pokémon kicked off if she would have been famous and known worldwide by everyone not just in the Otaku world, I do think she'd be a big hit with a younger audience.
See you soon!



An nyeoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment