Monday 3 June 2024

Dreamcatcher - Versus Villains

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Versus Villains is Dreamcatcher's 9th mini album.
On the 13th of November 2023, the OOTD Lyrics Spoiler was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 15th of November 2023, the Villains Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 17th of November 2023, the OOTD Dance Preview was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 20th of November 2023, the OOTD M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 22nd of November 2023, the OOTD M/V was released, along with the digital and physical release of Versus Villains was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 1st of December 2023, that Shatter Dance Video was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company

Versus Villains peaked at No.3 on the circle Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 126,507+
*YouTube views were correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for OOTD has so far gained 25,780,401 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Versus Villains was released in 4 versions: 1 Limited Version C and 3 Normal Versions U, R, S and E.
The normal versions are set out in a paperback book style case and come with the Cd, photobook, postcard set, random folded poster and 2 random photo cards.
The limite version is set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photobook, big postcard set, sticker, double-side folded poster, a random OOTD card and 3 random photo cards.
The photobooks for all versions are different.

Track List
Intro: This My Fashion
OOTD
Rising
Shatter
We Are Young




























I have the U version, I love that that the album is glossy and I love the photobook, but I think they could have designed a little better as the pages became loose very fast. The photobook is stunning, the styling and the setting are perfect.
The album itself is an amazing album, as expected from Dreamcatcher, they know how create an album that flows perfectly.

I love Intro: This My Fashion, the melody screams dreamcatcher and it slips perfectly into the next track. It definitely sets the mood for the album.
Intro: This My Fashion
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company

We normally get really rocky songs as their title tracks and the fact that OOTD isn't their typical title track makes me love it even more. For Dreamcatcher, this is a more laid back track, but still holds their usual punch and pulls you in. I only have to see the songs name and I'm singing the song.
OOTD

The intro to Rising really reminds of another song, but I can't quite put my finger on it. This track is the usual rocky track we get from them and that it follows on from OOTD is perfect. Their vocals in this track is perfect, they always show how versatile they are both as a group and with their individual vocals.
Rising

I love the melody for Shatter and I love how it changes throughout the verses and choruses. The softness in the verses and choruses to fit the melody is perfect and the harmonisation is stunning. The abrupt end to the song is perfect and fits with the lyrics perfectly.
Shatter

I absolutely love We Are Young, This track concludes the album perfectly. It really shows how versatile they are. I thought this was going to be ballad when I first listened to this song, but the change up at the chorus really threw me an I loved it.
We Are Young

Personally for me, this is Dreamcatcher's best album so far, musically and vocally. Dreamcatcher are one of those groups that really stop me in my tracks when I listen to their music. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I always find it hard to get into girl groups. But Dreamcatcher have had me hooked since I saw them promoting Good Night. Soon as I see that first teaser image signalling their return, I'm excited about what they will bring us next.

What were your thoughts on Versus Villains?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on OOTD as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment