Monday 20 May 2024

OnlyOneOf - seOul cOllectiOn

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


seOul cOllectiOn is OnlyOneOf's 6th mini album.
On the 6th of February 2023, the seOul drift Teaser was released.
Owned by 8D Creative
On the 22nd of February 2023, the seOul cOllectiOn Album Preview was released.
Owned by 8D Creative
On the 2nd of March 2023, the seOul drift M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of seOul cOllectiOn.
Owned by 8D Creative

KB and Nine co-wrote on the lyrics for chrOme hearts.
Nine co-wrote and co-composed on candy bOmb.
Nine wrote the lyrics for blueblueseOul.
KB and Nine co-composed on mirage.

seOul cOllectiOn peaked at No.3 on the Circle Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 47,852+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for seOul drift has so far gained 1,336,137 million views, with the views still continuing to increase.

seOul cOllectiOn was released in 2 versions: Glossy and Matte.
Both versions are set out in a hardback book style case and come with the Cd, photobook and a random photo card.
Photobooks for both versions are differet.

Track List
chrOme hearts
seOul drift
mirage
candy bOmb
blueblueseOul
nabi
dora maar (Eng. Ver.)


































I have the Glossy version and I love the simplicity of it. I love the photobook, I love the styling as well as the the contrast between the indoor and outdoor pictures. The different lighting's really make the outfits and colours pop.
The album itself is all things OnlyOneOf, they never fail to tease the senses.

I absolutely love chrOme arts, the melody screams OnlyOneOf. They always have songs that has a melody that really suits their vocal tones. They are on of the few groups that no matter the genre, you know it's them because they have such distinctive vocals within their melodies.
chrOme arts

I love the melody for seOul drift, it gives a dark grungy feel, which I think suits this group perfectly. Not many groups can pull of this type of sound, which is what makes OnlyOneOf unique.
seOul drift

mirage has such a different vibe from the previous 2 tracks, and it really shows how versatile they are. I love the melody, and their vocals fit perfectly, especially when they have such different tones to their voices. It's such a softly sung song.
mirage

candy bOmb is such a catchy and addictive track and I love how they harmonize in this song.
candy bOmb

I absolutely love blueblueseOul, for me this song doesn't really scream OnlyOneOf which is why I love it so much. This is definitely one of my favourite tracks on this album. I love how softly sing it is, it makes their vocals really stand out against the melody. As soon as this track starts, I have the chorus in my head straight away.
blueblueseOul

nabi is such a pretty mid tempo ballad, their vocals against the melody is stunning.
nabi

3 years after it's initial release, we got dOra maar (Eng. Ver.). The melody gives of a sensual vibe, as they sing about a lover. Dora Maar, whose real name was Henriette Theodora Markovitch was the lover and often depicted in some of Pablo Picasso's paintings. I love how this song connects to that.
dOra maar (Eng. Ver.)

For me OnlyOneOf continues to push the boundaries, whether it be with their music or their choreography. They've found what works for them and I love that they never stray to far away from it.
I always look forward to what they will bring us next and what story they will tell with it.

Were you a fan of seOul cOllectiOn?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on seOul drift as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment