Monday 1 April 2024

&TEAM - The First Howling: WE

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


&TEAM are a 9-member Japanese/Korean boyband based in both Japan and South Korea.
They were formed through the survival show &Audition - The Howling.
Members K. Nicholas, EJ and Taki competed on survival show I-Land, which produced boy-group ENHYPEN.
K, Nicholas, EJ and Taki participated in &Audition - The Howling as confirmed members of the final group.
They made their debut December 7th 2022.
The Members are:
K

Nicholas

EJ

Taki

Jo

Harua

Maki

Yuma

Fuma

First Howling: WE is &TEAM's 2nd mini album.

On the 2nd of May 2023, the &TEAM First Howling: WE Video released.
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
On the 4th of June 2023, the &TEAM First Howling: WE Album Preview was released.
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
On the 10th of June 2023, the Firework Official M/V Teaser 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 were released.
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
On the 12th of June 2023, the Firework Official M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
On the 13th of June 2023, the Firework M/V was released.
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
On the 14th of June 2023, The First Howling: WE was released physically and digitally.
On the 10th of July 2023, the Road Not Taken Official M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan
On the 11th of July 2023, the Road Not Taken M/V was released.
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan

The First Howling: WE peaked at No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Oricon Sales = 191,048+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Firework has so far gained 6,817,430 million views, while the M/V for Road Not Taken has gained 3,101,776 million views, with views for both M/V's continuing to increase.

The First Howling: WE was released in 11 versions: Type A, Type B and 9 member jewel case versions.
Type A and Type B are set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photobook and a random photo card.
The member versions are set out in a jewel case and comes with the Cd, photobook, random type A or type B photo card and a student ID card.
Photo books are different for all versions.

Track List
Firework
Road Not Taken
月が綺麗ですね (The Moon is Beautiful, Isn't It?)
Blind Love
Firework (Korean Ver.)
Scent of You (Korean Ver.)


























I have the Type B version and I love the colours, I originally pulled Taki's photo card, but when Skye bought herself a copy she pulled K and we decided to swap as we had each others biases. The layout of the album is pretty simple and basic, but I love the photobook, it's stunning. Each of the members stand out.
The album itself is really good, each track is different and really showcases their talents as a group.

I love Firework, it gives western vibes as well as making me think it would be something TXT would release too. I love the melody and I love their vocals each members shines perfectly. This is one of those songs that always gets me singing and dancing along.
Firework

I love Road Not Taken, it has a darker vibe, which I think fits with the whole werewolf theme. I love the melody, it has a harder sound without actually going hard, it's more like a mid-tempo track. The vocal tones fit perfectly with the melody and it's a track that really suits them as a group.
Road Not Taken

月が綺麗ですね (The Moon is Beautiful, Isn't It?) is such a cute song, I love everything about it. The melody is bright and fits perfectly again with their vocal tones. Their vocals really add to the melody.
月が綺麗ですね (The Moon is Beautiful, Isn't It?)

I'd be gutted if we didn't get a ballad as it can really show how amazing their vocals are and that's exactly what Blind Love brings. This song not only allows me to listen to how amazing they all sound, but for me it really shows how much they've improved since the show, especially Taki and EJ since I-Land. The melody is stunning and I couldn't imagine anyone else singing this song.
Blind Love

Of course if I love the original, I'd love Firework (Korean Ver.). While I do lean more to the Japanese (I always tend to prefer the language it was initially released in), I do enjoy hearing it in Korean.
Firework (Korean Ver.)

I absolutely love the melody for Scent of You (Korean Ver.). For me this is a perfect song for &TEAM, it allows them to experiment with a more mature sounding track.
Scent of You (Korean Ver.)

While I didn't watch the survival show as a whole, I did see the first few episodes and I couldn't bring myself to watch it as a whole, especially seeing how they were being rated. The empty dishes broke me. I didn't want to get attached to the contestants again, I-Land will be my first and last survival show. I did watch the final episode to see who made it into the group, so while I can't really comment no how the newer members have improved at the moment, I definitely love the members that made the final line-up. I love their voices and the dynamic within the group. Seeing how much Taki has changed and improved, shows how much work went into creating &TEAM.
I can't wait to see how their music will grow and progress as well as seeing and hearing how they grow and improve as both as a group and as individuals.

Were you a fan of The First Howling: WE?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Firework as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment