Monday 7 November 2022

VIXX LR - Beautiful Liar

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


It's been 4 years since I last made a post about VIXX LR, which is VIXX's 1st sub-unit from the group consisting of VIXX members Leo and Ravi, and I never realised that I'd never shared their debut mini album Beautiful Liar.

On the 6th of August 2015, the VIXX LR Trailer was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 11th of August 2015, the Beautiful Liar Teaser (Ravi Ver.) was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 12th of August 2015, the Beautiful Liar Teaser (Leo Ver.) was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 13th of August 2015, the Beautiful Liar Teaser was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 17th of August 2015, the Beautiful Liar M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their debut mini album of the same name.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment

On the 17th of August 2015, VIXX LR held their first showcase at the Yes24 Muv Hall in Seoul's Mapo-gu, the very next day their music show promotions began for both the album and the title track.

Beautiful Liar won VIXX LR 1 music show trophy, taking 1st place on The Show.

Ravi wrote and composed the tracks Remember and Ghost.
Leo wrote and composed the track 할 말 (Words To Say).
Ravi co-wrote and co-composed on title track Beautiful Liar.
Leo & Ravi wrote the lyrics for My Light, with Leo also co-composing on the track.

Beautiful Liar peaked at No.2 on the Circle (previously Gaon) Albums Chart, No.18 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.2 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circle Chart = 138,267+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Beautiful Liar has so far gained 6,147,715 million views, with the views still continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Beautiful Liar was released in 2 versions: Character & Photo.
Both versions are set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random sticker, postcard, random paper doll and a random photo card.
The photo books for both versions are the same.

Track List:
Beautiful Liar
Remember
할 말 (Words To Say)
Ghost
My Light
Beautiful Liar (Inst.)



























I love the layout for this album and I especially love the set up of the photo book, with their images being separated with duo pictures in the middle. You may have guessed that I have the Photo version.
The album itself is really good and showcases how talented both Leo and Ravi are not only when it comes to their vocals and rap, but also with composing and lyric writing.
I love that we get solo tracks as well as a track with the rest of the VIXX members.

For me Beautiful Liar is not only a VIXX LR debut track that's stood the test of time but overall a track that will continue to stand the test of time, this track truly is a masterpiece and you could tell that they pushed their limits to create something so breathtaking. No matter how many times I listen to this song, everything blows me away like it's the first time I listening to it.
Beautiful Liar

I only have to look at Remember's track name and I have Leo's voice in my head. I love the contrast between Leo's vocals and Ravi's rap, they fit so perfectly together, that you can see why they were put together as a unit to debut. This song just like the first track is stunning from the melody, to the vocals to the raps, it's perfect.
Remember

Leo has such a stunning voice and when he sings you forget that he's quite a shy and reserved person who seems cold at first. So when he sings, he brings such a unique voice to the front, he's definitely a vocalist that stops me in my tracks. Which is what happens when I listen to 할 말 (Words To Say), you just know he uses his voice and his musical talents to bring forth his emotions and reveals a side of himself he tends to shy away from.
할 말 (Words To Say)

I absolutely love Ravi's solo Ghost, I've been in love with this track since I first listened to this album. I love the melody it has such an eerie vibe that it makes me think of Halloween.
Ghost

I remember when I got this album, I was insanely obsessed with My Light which is performed by VIXX as a whole group and I absolutely love that Ravi's rap add the groups songs into it. Whenever I listen to this track it makes me fall in love with VIXX all over again and hearing it again now after a while, it makes me realise how much I miss all their voices as well as them as a group.
My Light

For me Beautiful Liar is an album that will grow old gracefully, it's already been 7 years and it still sounds so fresh and new whenever I listen to it. VIXX LR and VIXX as well are such underrated idols, I wish more people loved them as much as I do.

Were you a fan of Beautiful Liar?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Beautiful Liar as a title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment