Monday 24 October 2022

VIXX - Eternity

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I can't believe it's been 3 years since I've written a post about VIXX, the members are slowly completing their military enlistments and they recently all came together to celebrate their 10th anniversary. The last time I posted N had just enlisted, now only Ravi and Hyuk are left to enlist, and sadly due to a controversial live, due to backlash, Hongbin has left the group, so it's sad that we couldn't celebrate 10 years with all 6 of the members.

Now it's time for me to take you back in time with Eternity, VIXX's 4th single album.
On the 18th of May 2014, it was announced that VIXX would be making a comeback.
On the 22nd of May 2014, the M/V teaser was released for title track 기적 (Eternity).
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 27th of May 2014, the M/V for 기적 (Eternity) was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 4th single album of the same name.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment

A representative of Jellyfish Entertainment explained that, "The concept of VIXX's 4th single album 'Eternity' is a miraculous love story happening in a moment and time called forever, through 'the fantasy of time'."

Eternity won VIXX 2 music show trophies, winning one on both Inkigayo and Show Champion.

Ravi co-wrote on tracks Sad Ending and Love, LaLaLa, he also wrote the rap for title track 기적 (Eternity).

Eternity peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 86,526+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 기적 (Eternity) has gained 19,550,150 million views, with the M/V still gaining views on a daily basis.

Eternity is set out in a large(ish) square hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book and a random card with clocks. The Cd plate is random and replaces a photo card for this album.

Track List:
기적 (Eternity)
Sad Ending
Love, LaLaLa
기적 (Eternity) (Inst.)






































I love how simple the pictures in the photo book look, I think it gives off a better impact than photo's with a lot going off in the background. The blue suiting was even used for a Japanese album, so I'm guessing the images were re-used for that album.

I absolutely love 기적 (Eternity) as the title track, and even though I wasn't a fan of the group around it's original release, it's still a song that makes me feel nostalgic. For me this is one of those songs that still sounds like it's just being released 8 years later. For me everything in this track is perfect, especially the vocals.
기적 (Eternity)

Listening to Sad Ending takes me back 7 and a half years, to coming across VIXX. With a name like Sad Ending you'd think it would be a ballad, but it's more upbeat than I would have expected it to be. I love the beat, it fits perfectly with their vocals. It's a song that really allows their vocals and raps to shine.
Sad Ending

I love the melody for Love, LaLaLa, it makes me think of the summer. I feel that this track is such a stunning and calming track, which I think in turn, makes it the perfect last sung track on the album. I especially love the vocals in the chorus and the love, lalala section, it's stunning.
Love, LaLaLa

I think Eternity is a song and album that will keep on aging really well, like with a lot of VIXX's discography.
Ravi will be enlisting in a couple of days, leaving maknae Hyuk to be only member left to enlist, so part of me hopes that once, they all complete their military service we'll get to hear some new music from them, but at the moment I'm insanely proud of Hyuk for starring in a BL drama, I've noticed more idols are venturing into the BL world in their acting roles, I feel it's becoming more accepted for idol actors to take on these roles.
It's sad to think their last album was 4 years, and their last song was 3 years ago, while part of me is hopeful that we'll one day get new songs, I can't help but feel that VIXX are slowly as a group stopping from releasing new music, but still getting together for anniversaries and for catch ups.
I personally don't think any other groups can do it like VIXX, they've been unique throughout their career, something I think will never change.

Were you a fan of Eternity?
Do you have a physical copy?
What were your thoughts on 기적 (Eternity) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
RealV

No comments:

Post a Comment