Monday 18 July 2022

Stray Kids - NOEASY

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


NOEASY is Stray Kids' 2nd full length album and their first release since winning Kingdom: Legendary War. The albums title is a word play of "noisy", which describes the misconception of the music the group made as "noise music", and "no easy", about obstacles and downs and lows of life. Both meanings combined to express that even though the group goes through hardships, they will always strive to be the noisiest.

On the 21st of July 2021, the Thunderous Trailer was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 1st of August 2021, the Thunderous Trailer Exclusive Clip was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 2nd of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "Cheese" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 3rd of August 2021, the NOEASY teaser images were released for Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin and Hyunjin.

On the 4th of August 2021, the teaser NOEASY teaser images were released for Han, Felix, Seungmin and I.N.

On the 5th of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "강박 (Red Lights)" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of August 2021, the NOEASY group teaser image was released.
On the 7th of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "Gone Away" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 8th of August 2021, the NOEASY teaser images were released for Bang Chan and Lee Know.
On the 9th of August 2021, the NOEASY teaser images were released for Changbin and Hyunjin.
On the 10th of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "Surfin" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 11th of August 2021, the NOEASY teaser images were released for Han and Felix, also on the 11th, the albums Track List was released.

On the 12th of August 2021, the NOEASY teaser images for Seungmin and I.N were released.
On the 13th of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "Domino" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 14th of August 2021, the NOEASY teaser images for all the members were released.





On the 15th of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "좋아해서 미안 (Sorry, I Love You)" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 16th of August 2021, the NOEASY group and unit teaser images were released.




On the 17th of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "The View" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 18th of August 2021, the NOEASY Unveil: Track "말할 수 없는 비밀 (Secret Secret)" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 19th of August 2021, the 소리꾼 (Thunderous) M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 20th of August 2021, the 소리꾼 (Thunderous) M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 23rd of August 2021, the 소리꾼 (Thunderous) M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd full length album NOEASY.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 1st of September 2021, the 소리꾼 (Thunderous) Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 3rd of September 2021, the "The View" Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of September 2021, the 소리꾼 (Thunderous) Dance Practice Video (Vampire Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 8th of September 2021, the "좋아해서 미안 (Sorry, I Love You)" Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 10th of September 2021, the "Cheese" Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 13th of September 2021, the "강박 (Red Lights)" Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 15th of September 2021, the "Surfin" Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 17th of September 2021, the "Gone Away" Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 24th of September 2021, the Domino Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

On the 17th of August 2021, it was reported that pre-orders for NOEASY had surpassed 830,000 copies, and surpassed 930,000 pre-orders on the day of release, breaking their previous record of 300,000 pre-orders for In Life.
Upon it's release, NOEASY sold 355,946 copies on the first day, and 641,589 copies in the first week.
NOEASY has sold over 1.2million copies as of October 2021 and certified million, making it the first million-selling album of the group and in JYP.

소리꾼 (Thunderous) won Stray Kids a total of 6 music show trophies, winning twice on Show Champion, twice on M Countdown, once on Music Bank and once on Inkigayo.

3racha (Bang Chan, Changbin & Han) co-wrote and co-composed Cheese, Domino, 씩 (Ssick), The View, Silent Cry, Wolfgang, Mixtape: Oh and title track 소리꾼 (Thunderous).
3rach co-wrote the lyrics for Star Lost.
Changbin wrote the lyrics and co-composed on 좋아해서 미안 (Sorry, I Love You).
Han wrote the lyrics and co-composed on 말할 수 없는 비밀 (Secret Secret).
Bang Chan and Hyunjin wrote and composed 강박 (Red Lights).
Changbin, Lee Know and Felix wrote and co-composed on Surfin.
Han, Seungmin and I.N wrote and co-composed on Gone Away.

NOEASY peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.2 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.26 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.4 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.5 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 1,272,833+
Oricon Sales = 54,169+
US Sales = 16,100+
Giving the album so far a total of 1,343,091+ in physical sales, making it their best-selling release to date.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 소리꾼 (Thunderous) has so far gained 131,144,567 million views, with the view count still increasing rapidly on a daily basis.

NOEASY was released in 1 Limited Edition version, 2 Normal Edition versions (A & b) and 8 Jewel Case versions (members).
The Limited Edition version is set out in a slipcase and comes with the Cd, photo book, lyrics book, a random sticker sheet, a random unit folded poster, 2 random photo cards, a random double-sided photo card, a random pop-up card and a photo card set. Pre-ordered albums also came with a random poster, a random frame photo card and a special mini photo book.
The Normal Edition versions are set out in a slipcase and come with the Cd, photo book, lyrics book, sticker sheet, a random unit folded poster, 2 random photo cards and a random double-sided photo card. Also had the same pre-order benefits.
The Jewel Case versions are set out in a typical jewel case and is member specific, they come with the Cd, photo book, sticker sheet and a random photo card. Also had the same pre-order benefits.
All photo books are different.

Track List:
Cheese
소리꾼 (Thunderous)
Domino
씩 (Ssick)
The View
좋아해서 미안 (Sorry, I Love You)
Silent Cry
말할 수 없는 비밀 (Secret Secret)
Star Lost
강박 (Red Lights) (Bang Chan & Hyunjin)
Surfin (Lee Know, Changbin & Felix)
Gone Away (Han, Seungmin & I.N)
Wolfgang
Mixtape: 애 (Oh)



























































I have the limited edition version and I love the layout, I also love the photo book, I think the photo book gives off a dark concept which I think fits with the sound monster concept and them battling to save us all from it.
The album itself is amazing, with each of the tracks being different and showing different sides of themselves, while still keeping that Stray Kids sound. It's definitely one of my favourite full length albums from them and I love that we got unit songs again.

From the Unveil Track for Cheese, I knew I was going to like this song, and I wasn't wrong, I love the melody, and I love how they change the kind of cheese they sing about throughout the song. It's one of those songs that is so catchy that you can't help but sing along to.
Cheese

소리꾼 (Thunderous) is another catchy title track from Stray Kids and whenever it plays I'm singing and dancing along. I love that it's a song that from just listening to it, you know it's Stray Kids as it showcases their signature style, while giving us something new that we don't tend to hear much of in K-pop.
소리꾼 (Thunderous)

Another catchy song on the album is Domino, it's odd how with just be word the chorus can be so catchy and addictive. I also love how the melody changes up towards the end as well as the choreography for the track fits perfectly adding in the domino effect.
Domino

From just seeing the title 씩 (Ssick) , I get the chorus stuck in my head, for me that shows signs that the song is good. I love the vocals throughout the track and I'm not normally a fan of auto tune, but I think it fits in perfectly with this track.
씩 (Ssick)

Another song that I can't help sing from seeing the title is The View, I absolutely adore the chorus for this song. I love how calming this track is, whenever I listen to it, it makes me cherish everything I have and also those in my life.
The View

I absolutely love everything about 좋아해서 미안 (Sorry, I Love You), I love the flow of the raps in contrast to the vocals, it all just fits the melody perfectly. All their voices really shine.
좋아해서 미안 (Sorry, I Love You)

I love how very different Silent Cry sounds to the other tracks, it actually gives me Japanese and anime vibes.
Silent Cry

I love 말할 수 없는 비밀 (Secret Secret), the melody is really pretty and their vocals are really on point. This is one of those songs that reminds you that they're all amazing vocalists.
말할 수 없는 비밀 (Secret Secret)

Star Lost is another song that's amazing, it kind of reminds me of some of their older tracks like Astronaut and Haven, you just know it's concert favourite.
Star Lost

I think it's safe to say that 강박 (Red Lights) by Bang Chan & Hyunjin is my favourite unit song on this album, I often have it on repeat, and it remains to be one of my favourite Stray Kids tracks. I hope I can eventually see it live, even with it being performed by the whole group. I can't help but feel that this track was made for Hyunjin.
강박 (Red Lights) Bang Chan & Hyunjin

I always feel like it's summer when I listen to Surfin' by Lee Know, Changbin and Felix and I think it fits them perfectly. I love how upbeat and lively it is, it makes it difficult not to dance along to the beat.
Surfin' Lee Know, Changbin & Felix
Zaty Farhani

Gone Away by Han, Seungmin and I.N is such a stunning, and the main reason I love it, is because of Han's vocals. We often hear Han rapping so we can forget that he's actually got stunning singing vocals. But that doesn't mean I think Han stands out the most, Seugmin and I.N have such stunning vocals that they all stand out perfectly.
Gone Away Han, Seungmin & I.N

I would have been insanely gutted if we didn't get Wolfgang on an album, with how well it was received on Kingdom: Legendary War. For me it embodies everything Stray Kids.
Wolfgang

I think everyone was happy to see and hear Mixtape: 애 (Oh), because it marked the return of Hyunjin after his hiatus. This is another song that makes me think and feel like it's summer. For me this will always be a track that reminds of how Hyunjin was positively welcomed back, something I bet he was nervous about.
Mixtape: 애 (Oh)

As you may have guessed from the main picture, this post was planned last year, hence the tinsel, but it just kept getting pushed back. But it's finally being released and I'm finally sharing yet again, another amazing album from Stray Kids.

Stray Kids everywhere all around the world, you make Stray Kids Stay!

Were you a fan of NOEASY?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you choose?
What was your thoughts on 소리꾼 (Thunderous) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment