Thursday 5 May 2022

Shopping Haul!

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


It's been a while since I shared with you all a shopping haul, it's very rare I go on major shopping splurges now, while I obviously still buy K-pop, it's rare I buy them all in one go like I used to, the bonus of buying K-pop now is that I don't just have to buy to online and I can actually buy it from my local HMV store, but it can be a little hit or miss on whether they have any of the albums I'm wanting to get my hands on.

During the Easter holidays, I had a week off work with Skye, so I decided it was time for us to spend some time together and go shopping, my main reason was to surprise her with a trip to her favourite food place YO! Sushi, but our first stop was to HMV, to see if there was any K-pop albums that we were wanting.
While my bank felt better for not buying any K-pop, I didn't come away from HMV without spending any money.
I've been wanting to introduce Skye to Supernatural for a while now, and while I do already have the first 5 seasons on DVD, I had to rebuy us season 1, as my copy is missing discs since lending it out a few years ago, we're now about to start season 3, so you could say it's been a hit with her.
Supernatural Season 1 Boxset
£12.99

Lastly from HMV as you can see was Spider-Man No Way Home, which Skye had already seen, we pretty much have most of the Marvel movies, so I had to make sure the new Spider-Man was added to our collection.
Spider-Man No Way Home DVD
£9.99

After HMV we headed over to YO! Sushi, and I love the new system they have now, I think it's so much better than it was before Covid, I think it's so much easier, especially when it comes to ordering and paying for your order.
I had Mega Korean Chicken Gyoza, Crunchy California Rolls and a California Temaki and washed it all down with a Coke.
Skye had 2 lots of Cucumber Maki and Chicken Katsu, and washed it down with some Orange Juice.
What I love about YO! Sushi is that even though the portions seem small, they're still incredibly filling.


Our next stop was to Kenji, I love this shop and it's now become one of Skye's favourite's too, she bought herself a really soft plushie and in with my purchases, I also got her a ghost light, which was only £3 and it's really bright, so definitely a bargain. I mainly love Kenji for the drinks and snacks, it's my go to place for Asian treats.
Not all the snacks I bought are pictured as I only took a picture of the snacks I got myself. As well as in the picture, I bought Skye some Hello Panda biscuits and some Jujutsu Kaisen gummies. What I mainly love about the snacks is that a majority of it is 3 for £5, which if bought separately would probably cost more.
I couldn't resist buying these Ocean Bomb Sparkling Water cans as it was Sailor Moon related, even though I don't like sparkling water, I couldn't resist but I was left pleasantly surprised as both flavours were really nice and refreshing, I'll definitely buy them again if they're still there when I go again.

Next we have another Ocean Bomb drink, but this time it's Bubble Milk Tea, I got a can of this from a friend at Christmas and I loved it, so when I saw it was still available, I had to buy another can, it's sweet but really nice, the perfect Bubble Milk Tea.

Next we have a Korean Morning Rice Drink, I thought this drink was really nice, the taste kind of reminded me of cereal, while I did think it was an odd drink at first, I'd definitely try it again to see if I really do like it.

Lastly from Kenji, I got myself some limited edition Pocky, from the smell the surprise flavour seemed to be bubblegum and it honestly didn't take me long to eat these, they were so tasty and would love to get my hands on another box.

After Kenji we head over to Waterstones, it's been a while since I've had a nosey in Waterstones, especially at their manga section so it had to be done and on our way over I couldn't help but notice a familiar face in the window, which made me even more interested in checking out their manga section. Stood in the window was none other than Naruto Uzumaki

Once in the store, I was in love with the new manga section, they had plenty of manga, there was so many I wanted to buy as well as having plenty of other goodies like Naruto character figures, as well as the Sailor Moon Monopoly that I own, as well as the Naruto Monopoly that I bought Skye for her birthday.

I did make a purchase in Waterstones, one of which was a book for Skye as she was wanting the first book in The Witcher series as she is a fan of the show and the 2nd book I got was the Chinese BL novel Heaven Official's Blessing by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, I became familiar with this story from the donghua (Chinese animation) on Netflix, so I didn't need much persuasion in buying the novel. Just the artwork alone is absolutely stunning.
Heaven Official's Blessing by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu
£15.99

Well that was my little shopping haul from over the Easter Holidays, and what we got up to on our little mum and daughter day.

Have you treated yourself lately to a shopping day?
What did you buy?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment