Monday 18 April 2022

A.C.E - Changer: Dear Eris

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Changer: Dear Eris is A.C.E's 2nd repackaged album and is their last group release while members complete their military enlistment's.
On the 20th of August 2021, it was announced that Wow would be enlisting on the 10th of September, a few days later, it was announced that Donghun would also be enlisting on the 23rd of September.

On the 25th of August 2021, the Concept Photo Solo Ver. 1 was released.







On the 26th of August 2021, the Concept Photo Unit & Group Ver. 1 were released.





On the 27th of August 2021, the Concept Photo Solo Ver. 2 was released.








On the 28th of August 2021, the Concept Photo Unit & Group Ver. 2 were released.







On the 29th of August 2021, the Concept Photo Solo Ver. 3 was released.







On the 30th of August 2021, the Concept Photo Unit & Group Ver. 3 were released.




On the 31st of August 2021. the Track List was released.
On the 1st of September 2021, the Changer M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Beat Interactive
On the 2nd of September 2021, the Changer M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Beat Interactive
On the 2nd of September 2021, the Changer M/V was released, along with the release physical and digital release of their 2nd repackaged album, Changer: Dear Eris.
Owned by Beat Interactive
On the 6th of September 2021, the Changer Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by Beat Interactive

Wow co-wrote on the lyrics for track Remember Us.

Changer: Dear Eris peaked at No.7 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 36,284
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Changer has so far gained 1,491,661 million views.

Changer: Dear Eris is set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd with a random member Cd plate, photo book, random sticker sheet, 2 random photo cards and 3 random jacket polaroid's.

Track List:
Intro: Revolutions
Changer
Black and Blue (Complete Ver.)
Down (Korean Ver.)
해주고 싶은 한마디 (Talk You Down)
진도 아리랑 (Prequel)
선인장 (Cactus) (English Ver.)
선인장 (Cactus) (Remix Ver.)
Remember Us
Remember Us Inst. (Secret Voice Letter) (CD Only)









































































I love the photo book for this album, it's stunning, it's full of colour and the pictures are just breathtaking.
This album from cover to cover is just aesthetically pleasing, and the tracks on the album are also amazing, while we have some older tracks returning, which were new for me as I'm still a rookie when it comes to some of A.C.E's releases, there was some new tracks too and I especially love that the Cd has a bonus track which is one of the members leaving an audio letter, from what I'm guessing is that the letter is Cd plate based.

I love Intro: Revolutions, I love the melody, it's stunning, it's definitely the perfect track to start this album with and it leads perfectly into the 2nd track. For me it marks that this album is going to be sentimental and pull on the heartstrings.
Intro: Revolutions

I think I have to say that Changer is one of my favourite title tracks from A.C.E, the melody is bright and uplifting, and it's one of those songs that never fails to make me sing along, it's one of those songs that especially the chorus, sticks in your head and you keep singing long after you stop listening to it. I love everything about this song, the melody is bright and the vocals and raps are amazing.
Changer

I love how Black and Blue (Complete Ver.) changes throughout the track, I personally, when I heard the start didn't think I'd like it, but I love it.
Black and Blue (Complete Ver.)

I will admit that it sounded odd when I first heard Down (Korean Ver.) because I'm used to the English release, but it's still such a catchy song, the Korean fits perfectly with the melody and it keeps the same feeling and catchiness as the English one.
Down (Korean Ver.)

There's something about 해주고 싶은 한마디 (Talk You Down) that makes me feel all nostalgic, I think this song is a perfect song for a drama ost. It's songs like this one that I wish people would listen to, so they could see and hear how talented each member is. Each member of A.C.E has strong vocals and they never fail to blow me away, for me it's songs like this one that shows how underrated they are. There's something about A.C.E's vocals, especially when they sing ballads, that I always end up with a catch in my throat.
해주고 싶은 한마디 (Talk You Down)

I absolutely love 진도 아리랑 (Prequel), the melody is stunning, the vocals are on point and I love how the track changes throughout, it's like they take us back into Korean history with the start and then modernise it.
진도 아리랑 (Prequel)
Official A.C.E

When I saw 선인장 (Cactus) (English Ver.) on the track list, I knew this was their last album. I didn't think they would be disbanding but I definitely knew this was to be their last release as A.C.E while they did their military enlistments, because why else would they take us all the way back to their debut. I've said before that I've known about A.C.E since their debut and even though in English, I get to share with you the song that I loved from first listen.
선인장 (Cactus) (English Ver.)

I love 선인장 (Cactus) (Remix Ver.), we're used to this track being really upbeat, but it even sounds great slowed down.
선인장 (Cactus) (Remix Ver.)

As soon as I heard Remember Us I was crying, this song is stunning from start to finish, knowing that Wow sings a majority of this song on his own, makes it pull at the heartstrings a little more, but that harmonisation at the end is just perfection. No matter how many times I listen to this song, I'm brought to tears. This is definitely one of my favourite songs from A.C.E.
Remember Us

Even though I can't share with you the Remember Us Inst. (Secret Voice Letter), I feel that I should still mention it, it took me prepping for this post to actually sit and listen to it because I knew it was going to be an emotional listen and I wasn't wrong. My voice letter was from Jun and even though I had no idea what he was really saying, I got the gist just from his voice, you could hear how sentimental he was, you could hear the emotion in his voice as well as the love for not only A.C.E and his members, but also for their fans. When I looked up the translation, just the start had me in tears "Hi, the one I trust, lean on and love the most, my best friends my Choi.
Hum.. honestly I didn't know we would release this album that soon. Now that we did, I think it feels quite weird, I know that starting from this album for some time we won't be able to do things as 5."

This album is definitely up there as one of my favourite A.C.E albums, and since it's release both Jun and Byeongkwan have now enlisted, it makes me wonder if Chan will enlist soon too, but I wouldn't be surprised if he enlists as his members begin to return as they have released and promoted without Chan before, when he was part of the project group UNB, and I assume that that's why they've also enlisted so close together.
What I love about this album is that it isn't them saying farewell, it's them saying see you soon, I look forward to their return and see how much they've grown in their time away.

Were you a fan of Changer: Dear Eris?
Do you have a physical copy?
Whose secret voice letter did you get?
What were your thoughts on Changer as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment