Monday 13 December 2021

The Boyz - Thrill-ing

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Thrill-ing is the 6th mini album from The Boyz.
On the 21st of June 2021, Cre.ker Entertainment (now IST Entertainment) announced that The Boyz would be making a comeback, making their 1st comeback since participating on Kingdom: Legendary War.
Then on the 27th of July 2021, the Splash Concept Photo's were released.







On the 28th of July 2021, the Bang Concept Photo's were released.























On the 29th of July 2021, the Kick Concept Photo's were released.



















On the 31st of July 2021, the Track List was released.
On the 2nd of August 2021, the Thrill Ride Announcement was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 3rd of August 2021, the Character Poster #1 were released.

On the 4th of August 2021, the Character Poster #2 were released.

On the 5th of August 2021, the Character Poster #3 were released.

On the 6th of August 2021, the Thrill Ride M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 7th of August 2021, the Thrill-ing Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 9th of August 2021, the Thrill Ride M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of Thrill-ing.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 15th of August 2021, the Thrill Ride Dance Practice Video (Fix Ver.) released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 17th of August 2021, the Thrill Ride Dance Practice Video (Moving Ver.) was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 20th of August 2021, the Thrill Ride Dance Practice Video (Special Ver.) released.
Owned by IST Entertainment

Thrill Ride won The Boyz a total of 5 music show trophies, winning once on The Show, once on Show Champion, once on M Countdown, once on Music Bank and once on Show! Music Core.

Sunwoo and Eric co-wrote on the lyrics for B.O.Y (Bet On You) and title track Thrill Ride.
Q co-wrote on the lyrics for 환상열차 (Out Of Control).
Sunwoo co-wrote on the lyrics for Merry Bad Ending.

Thrill-ing peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.8 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 638,555+
Oricon Sales = 5,412+
Giving the album so far a total of 643,967+ in physical sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Thill Ride has so far gained 35,257,251 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Thrill-ing was released in 3 versions: Kick, Bang and Splash.
All 3 versions are set out in a paperback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, lyrics card, thrill streaming band, tattoo sticker sheet, random thrill ride express ticket, random hologram postcard, random sparkling photo card and a random photo card.

Track List:
Thrill Ride
환상열차 (Out of Control)
Dancing Till We Drop
Nightmares (黑花)
Merry Bad Ending
B.O.Y (Bet On You)













































I have the Bang version of the album and I absolutely love the colour of the packaging, it's really pretty. I love the photo book too, I love that the pages are glossy, it reminds me of a high-end fashion magazine. The pictures are really pretty and even though the colours used are quite dark, they're still full of colour and stand out.
The album itself is definitely one of my favourite The Boyz albums, each track is different and allows them to show a different side them and allow them to explore and experiment with their sound.

After watching them perform darker concepts during Kingdom: Legendary War, seeing and hearing and brighter concept with Thrill Ride was both weird and a nice change. I love the melody and it's such a catchy track, I always sing along when it comes on.
Thrill Ride

The beat and melody for 환상열차 (Out of Control) is so good and I love how it changes between the verses and chorus, I think the verses sound darker compared to the chorus. I absolutely love the chorus and I especially love the mixture of vocals and raps.
환상열차 (Out of Control)

Every time I listen to Dancing Till We Drop, my body automatically responds, whether it's my head bopping or my foot tapping, I love the melody.
Dancing Till We Drop

Nightmares (黑花) is definitely one of my favourite tracks on this album, I love how eerie it sounds, while I love The Boyz doing brighter concepts, it's definitely their darker ones that really pull me in. I love how all their voices really fit with this melody and track. 
Nightmares (黑花)

My main favourite track on this album is Merry Bad Ending, I love the melody, I love their vocals and raps, the harmonisation is stunning. For me this track is on par with Complete Me and Whiplash, I'm obsessed with this song and can't get enough of it. This is one of those songs that when it ends, I could easily play it again.
Merry Bad Ending

B.O.Y (Bet On You) really reminds me of their older stuff and I love how chill it is, I think it's the perfect song to end the album with.
B.O.Y (Bet On You)

What I mainly love about this album is how they're experimenting more and showing how versatile they really are. I love that The Boyz are getting more attention now because they really deserve it. The more I watch and listen to them, the more I regret not paying more attention them when I first came across them, but I'm glad I'm able to join them on their journey and see how much they're growing and improving.
This is definitely one of my favourite mini albums from The Boyz, and they've recently just had a comeback too with a single album and that album blew me away also, they're definitely going to keep rising.

Were you a fan of Thrill-ing?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Thrill Ride as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment