Monday 11 October 2021

TRCNG - New Generation

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I can't believe it's been 3 years since I last made a post about TRCNG, I've find it quite hard trying to get my hands on their debut mini album as everywhere I looked it was no longer available, but I finally got my hands on it and I am now able to share it with you.

New Generation is TRCNG's debut mini album, on the 17th of August 2017, TS Entertainment announced they would be debuting a new boy group in the latter half of 2017, their 2nd boy group following B.A.P.
On the 18th of September 2017, the TRCNG Teaser Video was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 28th of September 2017, the New Generation Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 2nd of October 2017, the Spectrum M/V Trailer 1 was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 6th of October 2017, the Spectrum M/V Trailer 2 was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 10th of October 2017, the M/V for Spectrum was released, along with the physical and digital release of their debut mini album New Generation.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 14th of October 2017, the Spectrum Dance Short Ver. Video was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 19th of October 2017, the My Very First Love (Dance Practice) Video was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 28th of October 2017, the Spectrum Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment

TRCNG members Jisung and Hohyeon wrote their rap lyrics for I'm the One and title track Spectrum.

New Generation peaked at No.14 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 7,385+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Spectrum has so far gained 4,364,453 million views through the TS Entertainment YouTube page and 1,384,969 million views through the 1theK YouTube page, giving their debut M/V so far a combined view count of 5,749,422 million. The views for the M/V are still slowly increasing on a daily basis.

New Generation is set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random profile card and 2 random photo cards.

Track List:
Ray Of Light
Spectrum
My Very First Love
I'm The One
Don't Stop The Dancing
0 (Young)































It's now been 4 years since TRCNG made their debut and I think their debut mini album New Generation has really aged well, whenever I listen to this album, to me it still sounds fresh and new.
The layout of the album is pretty basic for a K-pop album as well as pretty normal especially for a debut release, I love the colours though.
The album itself really solidified them as my favourite rookies of 2017, which is why I'm more heartbroken about how they were treated by their company and how they're potential was never given proper promotion to be able to truly shine and get the recognition they really deserved.

I think Ray Of Light is a perfect song to start the album with and introduce TRCNG as a group, I love that it's all completely in English too, I think it helps new fans to be interested, especially the melody for the track.
Ray Of Light

Whenever Spectrum starts playing I always feel all nostalgic, no matter how many times I hear this track it remains to be one of my favourite debut title tracks, it allows all the members to showcase their talents, whether it be in rap or singing. I love that it has a sudden end to the track too, for me it feels like you've been on a musical journey and as soon as it stops you want to start it all over again.
Spectrum

I'm not always a big fan of ballads, but I do love them on albums as it allows the listener to hear how the singer's true talent, and for me, My Very First Love is one of those tracks. I think the melody is soft and simple, allowing their vocals as well as the raps to really stand out. It's definitely one of those songs that you can't help but sway along to, and every time I listen to it, I fall in love with TRCNG all over again.
My Very First Love

I'm The One is another track that makes me feel nostalgic, and I think it's because it gives me late 90's, early 00's boy band vibes, it kind of reminds of me something NSYNC would do.
I'm The One

There's something about Don't Stop The Dancing that it always sounds familiar to me, I think it's because it sounds like something Michael Jackson would have done.
Don't Stop The Dancing

I think 0 (Young) is a perfect track to conclude the album with, it's another of those tracks that just makes me sway along, it's also one of those songs that makes me miss hearing new music from them.
0 (Young)

For me New Generation is one of those debut mini albums that will stand the test of time, each track is different and shows a different side to the group, as much as I love more upbeat tracks, for me on this album my favourite's are definitely the slower ones.

It's sad to think that in the space of 4 years, we've only got 1 mini album and 2 single albums released, I'll go more into TRCNG's journey when I make a post about their final release, but I will say that I love that the current members still communicate with one another, even though right now for their fans and possibly themselves their future is unknown, I hope that we can one day see more releases from TRCNG.

Were you a fan of New Generation?
Do you have a physical copy?
What were your thoughts on Spectrum as their debut and title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment