Friday 11 June 2021

Korean Drama - Be My Boyfriend

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Be My Boyfriend is a 2021 Youth Romantic Comedy drama series, produced by Kim Hyun Ki and Kwon Jun Seok.
The series aired from the 25th of April, running for 15 episodes, and concluding on the 15th of April 2021.

Main Cast:
Shin Hyun Seung as Lee Seung Min
Google Images

Lee Si Woo as Oh Ji Na
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Choi Yu Ju as Seong Han Na
Google Images

Im Sung Kyun as Ku Hyung Tak
Google Images

Kim Byeongkwan as Oh Ba Ul
Google Images

Jung Bo Min as Joo Min Ji
Google Images

The series is a spin-off of the 2019 drama series "Best Mistake."

I absolutely loved the intro song for this series, and even when I listen to it now it makes me think of the intro as well as the series on a whole.
CLC - Another Level

At Hwayang High School, no student's popularity eclipses that of the third-year senior Oh Ji Na.
Fabulously talented and impeccably fashionable Oh Ji Na has already landed a contract with a talent agency, and is training to become a member of a "girl crush" - themed all-female K-pop group.
Lee Seung Min is a junior student at the same school. And like many others, he is smitten with the many charms of Oh Ji Na. With his lack of charisma, however, he is sure that he does not stand a chance at winning her heart.
But he is in for a surprise when Oh ji Na comes up with a plan to begin a bogus "contract" relationship with him, in order to further her career.
Spending time together softens her heart, though - could she end up falling for this unassuming younger student for real?
Official Trailer

Official Trailer 2

I won't lie the main reason I wanted to watch this drama is because of Byeongkwan, he'd mentioned while being an MC on Pops! in Seoul that he was dipping his toes into acting and was filming his first acting role, and I'm glad I watched it.
The series is really short and sweet with the episodes being around 15-20 minutes long, I really liked the plot for the series and I thought all the cast did an amazing job, for new and upcoming actors they all did a pretty good job at making me believe each of their characters.
For his debut acting role I think Shin Hyun Seung did amazing as Lee Seung Min, from the very first episode I fell for both him and his character. Seung Min is a really kind hearted and caring guy but he's definitely out of his element and comfort zone when it comes to dating Oh Ji Na, you can tell she intimidates him, but is willing to do anything to protect her if he needs to. I can't wait to check out more of Shin Hyun Seung's work.
Lee Si Woo is another member of the cast that made her acting debut this year, with her role as Oh Ji Na being her second role, but first main role. She did amazing, Oh Ji Na on first glance seems like she lives up to her popularity and you would think that she's up her own backside, but as we get to know her we find that she's really humble and down to earth. While she has a soft heart to begin with, it seems Seung Min softens her heart even more as she has her guard up, not only because their relationship is just a contract, but also because she's trying to heal a broken heart. I look forward to seeing more of her roles.
Choi Yu Ju is a member of the South Korean girl group Cherry Bullet and seems to also be a rookie in the acting world, with this in mind she was spot on as Seong Han Na. Her character is the typical woe is me, I'll blame everyone else for how others treat me, and because I'm not as popular as my friend Oh Ji Na. At first Han Na seems to be a really close and loyal friend to Oh Ji Na, but as the series progresses we see she olds a deep grudge against her because in her eyes Oh Ji Na seems to have everything and also succeeds in everything, she tries her hardest to bring down Oh Ji Na, while not once looking at herself, because she's that eager to succeed.
Im Sung Kyun plays Ku Hyung Tak, your typical popular athlete that doesn't know what he's got until it's gone. He was proud to have Oh Ji Na by his side but because he often put baseball before her, she felt alone and ended the relationship. Hyung Tak tries to win her back but realises he heart belongs to someone else and realises that he'd rather have her in his life as a good friend then her not be in his life at all. He's your typical arrogant character, but will do anything to make sure Oh Ji Na is happy, he even seems to warm and become close to Seung Min and his friend Ba Ul. I'm curious to see Im Sung Kyun in other roles as his career has just begun.
I absolutely adored Kim Byeongkwan as Oh Ba Ul, for his first role he did amazing and I bet the other A.C.E members had a lot of fun and laughs watching his scenes. Ba Ul is Seung Min's best friend and seems to be into all the latest trends, his reactions to some of the things was hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing whenever he was on.
I felt that Jung Bo Min did a great job as Joo Min Ji, she seems to be the female version of Oh Ba Ul, which is why I think they hit it off really well. She also has some of the traits that Seung Min has, in that she's really kind and humble, even when it's revealed that Han Na has been trying to ruin Oh Ji Na, both herself and Ji Na make sure that Han Na knows that she doesn't have to go things alone and they're willing to forgive her.

For a drama series full of a rookie, up and coming cast, they did an amazing job, it's also made me want to check out not only the other works from the cast but also the series Best Mistake which this is a spin-off of.
I really do highly recommend this series, it's cute, funny and full of your typical school fall-outs. The cast and crew really did an amazing job.

Have you watched Be My Boyfriend?
Were you a fan of the Cast?
Did you enjoy the script and plot?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment