Monday 3 May 2021

ONF - ONF: My Name

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


ONF known as On and Off are a South Korean boy group formed by WM Entertainment.
The group consists of 6 members, originally 7, and they made their debut on the 3rd of August 2017, on the 23rd of August 2019, it was announced that maknae Laun had left the group.
The current members of ONF are:
Hyojin
Google Images

E-Tion
Google Images

J-US
Google Images

Wyatt
Google Images

MK
Google Images

U
Google Images

ONF: My Name is ONF's first full length album, on the 9th of February 2021, WM Entertainment announced that ONF would be making a comeback and revealed the albums name by releasing [ONF: My Name] Opening Trailer.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 12th of February 2021, the Virtual City of ONF was released.
On the 14th of February 2021, ONF's Hideout teaser images were released.





On the 16th of February 2021, the ONF: Agent Name 1 teaser images were released.








On the 17th of February 2021, the Track Spoiler was released.
On the 18th of February 2021, the Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment
Also on the 18th of February 2021, the Pre-release M/V Teaser for My Name Is was released.
ONF OFFICIALAlso on the 18th of February 2021, the Pre-release M/V Teaser for My Name Is was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 20th of February 2021, the Pre-release M/V was released for My Name Is.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 21st of February 2021, the ONF: Agent Name 2 teaser image was released.
On the 22nd of February 2021, the ONF: Agent Name 3 teaser images were released.



On the 23rd of February 2021, the Beautiful Beautiful teaser images were released, along with the M/V teaser for the title track Beautiful Beautiful.




Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 24th of February 2021, the Beautiful Beautiful M/V was released along with the physical and digital release of their first full length album ONF: My Name.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 5th of March 2021, the Beautiful Beautiful (Practice Ver.) was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment

ONF held their comeback showcase through V Live on the 24th of February, where they performed new songs The Realist, My Name Is, 온도차 (Thermometer), 비밀 (Secret Triangle) and title track Beautiful Beautiful.

The M/V for Beautiful Beautiful gained 10 million views 3 days after it's release, making this the shortest time for their M/V to reach this milestone.
Beautiful Beautiful also gave ONF their 1st music show win since debut, winning 1st place on The Show.

Wyatt co-wrote on 비밀 (Secret Triangle), Feedback and title track Beautiful Beautiful.
Wyatt and MK co-wrote on 누워서 세계 속으로 (Trip Advisor) and Lights On (2021 Ver.), with MK also co-composing on the latter.
Hyojin, E-Tion, J-US, Wyatt, MK and U wrote the lyrics for My Name Is.

ONF: My Name peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 76,232+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Beautiful Beautiful has so far gained 16,298,830 million views through their official YouTube channel, while through the Stone Music Entertainment channel the M/V has gained 929,612 in views, giving the M/V a total view count of 17,228,442 million, with the views continuing to grow.

ONF: My Name is released in 3 versions: A, B and C.
All 3 versions are set out as a typical jewel case in a slipcase and comes with the Cd, photo book, a random M Name card and 3 random photo cards.
The photo books for all 3 versions seem to be the same, while each version is a different colour, with the A version being a red/burnt orange, the B version being blue and the C version being purple.

Track List:
Beautiful Beautiful
My Name Is
온도차 (Thermometer) - ON Team Ver.
비밀 (Secret Triangle) - OFF Team Ver.
The Realist
On-You (Interlude)
누워서 세계 속으로 (Trip Advisor)
Feedback
I. T. I. L. U
Beautiful Beautiful (English Ver.)
Lights On (2021 Ver.) - Cd Only Track
































I've known of ONF because I'd seen that MK was a member and I watched him participate in No Mercy that created MONSTA X, I also knew Wyatt because both myself and my daughter Skye watched him in the segment Reading the Lyrics on Pops in Seoul, but I'd never actually listened to any of their stuff; that was until I watched them perform their own version of SHINee's Everybody on Road To Kingdom, their reaction to the other groups performances always had me laughing especially E-Tion's as he reacted the same way I did.
Not long after they had a comeback so I checked it out and liked how both the track and they sounded, so I checked out more of their title tracks realising I had seen and heard them before, their song Complete often came on my Spotify Daily Mix.
Then I saw they were making a comeback with their 1st full length album and checked out their Pre-release M/V for My Name Is and was in love, even their highlight medley for the album had me excited for their return, hence why I now have a physical copy of this album.
I'm not too fussed about the albums layout as it just reminds me of the usual western album layout's, but the photo book makes up for it as it's full of colour and the pictures are stunning.
The album itself is full of amazing tracks and as soon as it ends, it has you wanting to hit that play button and listen to it all over again, each track is different and they all have their own amazing qualities.

I absolutely adore Beautiful Beautiful as the title track, it may sound odd but for me it gives off a vibe of brightness and colours. I love everything about this song, the melody is upbeat and uplifting, the vocals and raps are on point and I just adore the acapella section, I think it really breaks down the song ready for that final chorus.
Beautiful Beautiful

I won't deny that I have My Name Is on repeat quite a lot, I love it, it's a cute song and I think it's a perfect song for new fans as it introduces each of the members. It's actually how I learnt the rest of the members. It's one of those songs that never fails to put a smile on my face when I hear it playing and I always find myself singing along.
My Name Is

As we found out in My Name Is, ONF have 2 units the ON Team and the OFF Team, which leads perfectly into 온도차 (Thermometer) - ON Team Ver. The ON Team is Hyojin, E-Tion and MK and this song shows how stunning each of their vocals are.
온도차 (Thermometer) - ON Team Ver.

While I'm new to ONF and not familiar with the units, it seems to me that the ON Team are vocal based, while the OFF Team is more performance based. Something I think 비밀 (Secret Triangle) - OFF Team Ver. showcases. This song is really upbeat and you can't help but sing and groove along. I remember when I first listened to this song, I had to look up the lyrics as I thought I'd misheard Wyatt as he shouted "We're screwed", the lyrics confirmed I'd heard correctly and then J-US confirmed it again when he said he liked that part of the track.
비밀 (Secret Triangle) - OFF Team Ver.
The K-POP

I have to say that while I love this album from start to finish, The Realist is one of my favourite tracks from the album, I love the different contrasts in the song, I love how the song changes throughout. I love the effects used on their voices in the build-up to the chorus, overall for me this song is perfect.
The Realist

On-You (Interlude) makes me think of My Name Is because it has such a cute sound, I love the melody and I love how they sing along adding to the melody, I also love the harmonisation towards the end, it really shows how sweet they are vocally.
On-You (Interlude)

ONF OFFICIAL
For me 누워서 세계 속으로 (Trip Advisor) gives me strong spring feelings, many of the members have said this is one of their favourite tracks on the album and recommended it, and I can see why, it's such a great upbeat track.
누워서 세계 속으로 (Trip Advisor)
ONF OFFICIAL

I absolutely adore Feedback, I always find myself moving along to the song.
Feedback

I have to say that I. T. I. L. U is such a beautiful song, it's another favourite of mine from this album. It really shows that all the members are vocally talented, but I have to say my favourite part is at the very end when each of the members take turns to say "forever". Even though this song is just short of 5 minutes, I still think it's way too short. This is one of those songs that you just know will be breathtaking and emotional when performed live.
I won't deny that when I first listened to this track it stopped me in my tracks and blew me away.
I. T. I. L. U
요요

I've noticed more K-pop groups are releasing English Versions of their tracks and ONF are no different, I know they're trying to appeal more to their international fans but for me I don't think they need to sing in English. That being said I love Beautiful Beautiful (English Ver.) and they all sound like they're fluent in the language, they had a message to spread with this track and they wanted to make sure it was heard by everyone.
Beautiful Beautiful (English Ver.)

I'd love to share with you the final track on the album but with it being a Cd only track, I've found it really hard to find Lights On (2021 Ver.), so I'm unable to share it with you, but I hope checking out these tracks will make you want to buy a physical copy and check it out.

As I've said a few times above, this album is perfect and amazing from start to finish, it's definitely a contender for my end of year Top 10 K-pop albums, I look forward to more music from ONF, they've just made a comeback with their 1st repackaged album and it continues my newfound love for them.

Were you a fan of ONF: My Name?
Do you have a physical copy?
What were your thoughts on Beautiful Beautiful as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment