Monday 16 December 2019

Jonghyun - She Is

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Today we're just a couple days away from it being 2 years since Jonghyun's passing, so I thought this weeks K-pop Monday should be an album from Jonghyun and I decided on his first full length album She Is.
On the 17th of May 2016, 좋아 (She Is) Teaser Clip 1 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 18th of May 2016, 좋아 (She Is) Teaser Clip 2 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 19th of May 2016, 좋아 (She Is) Teaser Clip 3 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 20th of May 2016, 좋아 (She Is) Teaser Clip 4 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 24th of May 2016, the M/V for 좋아 (She Is) was released, along with the physical and digital release of Jonghyun's full length album She Is.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Jonghyun described this album as "one can feel his passion as a singer-songwriter the most". He also described the track 'Suit Up' as being the "first night after marriage".

She Is, in the US, entered at No.4 on the Billboard World Albums Chart during the week of June 11th 2016, being the highest ranking debut of the week.
Promotions for the album and title track on M Countdown on the 26th of May 2016, 좋아 (She Is) won a total of two music show trophies, winning on The Show and Show Champion.

Jonghyun wrote the lyrics for all 9 tracks on his album as well as co-composing on 8 of the tracks also.

She Is peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.21 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.11 on the YinYueTai Albums Chart, No.20 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.4 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
84,548+
Oricon Sales:
3,729+
Giving She Is a total of 88,277+ physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 좋아 (She Is) has so far gained 8,533,110 million views, with the views always continuing to increase.

She Is, is set out in a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book and a photo card.

Track List:
좋아 (She Is)
White T-Shirt
우주가 있어 (Orbit)
Moon
Aurora
Dress Up
Cocktail
Red
Suit Up


























I love how bright this album is, it's bright and full of colour from cover to cover, it really stands out amongst the albums when stood on a shelf. It's been such a long time since I've listened to Jonghyun, that when I put this album on I realised how long it had been since I'd heard his voice as well as how much I actually miss hearing his voice. I get such a bright and energetic vibe from this album even when it includes ballads, it really sounds to me that he had so much fun creating this album.

Title track 좋아 (She Is), is such a catchy song, I remember falling it love with it the first time I heard it. I love everything about it from the melody, right down to Jonghyun's voice, it's really worthy or being his title track.
좋아 (She Is)

I absolutely love White T-Shirt, it's one of my favourite tracks on the album, I love how he's making a white t-shirt seem more sensual than casual. I love the chorus and I love how he repeats some of the words in the verses, which personally for me makes his voice sound so much more sensual than it normally would, adding so much more to the song.
White T-Shirt

I feel that 우주가 있어 (Orbit), would have fit both his debut mini album Base and his final album POET | ARTIST. I love how he sings with the melody.
우주가 있어 (Orbit)

There's something about Moon, that reminds me of another song, but at the same time it's like it's something I've never heard before. There's something about this song and Jonghyun's voice that makes me feel that he's trying to seduce his listeners, those high notes of his are literally mouthwatering and the song is way too short.
Moon

After Moon, Aurora, is the perfect track to calm you down, with it's calm melody and satisfyingly beautiful vocals. 
Aurora

The beat of this song reminds me of a song that I enjoyed listening to when I was younger, but if I'm being honest it sounds 100 times better than that song. I love how versatile this track is, it gives off the vibe of a softer song and then the beat drops. It also shows how talented Jonghyun really was, this song is pure perfection.
Dress Up

I feel that Cocktail, is an upgraded song from what would have been on his debut mini album Base, I just love how he says I love you, and if you don't fall in love with his high notes then do you really know and understand what talent really is!
Cocktail

I love that Red, seems to be more about vocals, which we all know that Jonghyun will forever be known for. He will remain to be one of my favourite vocalists, he has a way of making any innocent sounding song, sound more sultry and seductive and this is one of those tracks.
Red

For me Suit Up, while being a much slower track also sounds really intense, the beginning of the track sounds like it would be a lullaby, then the mean beat starts and Jonghyun starts singing.
Suit Up

I honestly don't feel like it's been 2 years since we lost Jonghyun, it still feel like it only happened last year. I actually found it really hard creating this post listening to the album, hearing his voice and looking back on his performances. As you can see from the performances I chose, the main place he loved to be was on stage performing in front of the people that he loved the most; his fans.
As the anniversary of his passing gets closer, my thoughts turn to those closer to him that I know will miss him dearly, his family and his SHINee brothers.
Remember Jonghyun you worked and did well and your voice and music will forever be missed.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment