Monday 25 November 2019

SuperM - SuperM: The First Mini Album

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


SuperM are a South Korean super group formed by SM Entertainment and Capitol Music Group. The group consists of 7 members from 4 male groups from SM Entertainment, 1 member from SHINee, 2 members from EXO, 2 members from NCT 127 and 2 members from WayV, who are also members of NCT.
Members are:
Taemin (SHINee)
Image result for Taemin
Google Images

Baekhyun (EXO)
Image result for baekhyun city lights
Google Images

Kai (EXO)
Image result for kai love shot
Google Images

Taeyong (NCT 127)
Image result for taeyong nct 2019
Google Images

Mark (NCT 127)
Image result for mark nct 2019
Google Images

Ten (WayV)
Image result for Ten wayv
Google Images

Lucas (WayV)
Image result for lucas wayv
Google Images

On the 7th of August 2019, Capitol Music Group chairman Steve Barnett and SM founder Lee Soo Man, announced that their super group would be making their debut under the name SuperM and they were dubbed The Avengers of K-pop.
On the 1st of September 2019, the SuperM: Intro was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 2nd of September 2019, Baekhyun's individual trailer as well as his concept image #1 were released.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 3rd of September 2019, Baekhyun's concept image #2 were released.



On the 4th of September 2019, Baekhyun's concept image #3 were released.



On the 6th of September 2019, Taeyong's individual trailer was released, along with his concept image #1.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 7th of September 2019, Taeyong's concept image #2 were released.



On the 8th of September 2019, Taeyong's concept image #3 were released.



On the 10th of September 2019, Ten's individual trailer was released, along with his concept image #1
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 10th of September 2019, Ten's concept image #2 were released.





On the 11th of September 2019, Ten's concept image #3 were released.



On the 13th of September 2019, Lucas' individual trailer was released, along with his concept image #1.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 14th of September 2019, Lucas' concept image #2 were released.





On the 15th of September 2019, Lucas' concept image #3 were released.



On the 16th of September 2019, Mark's individual trailer was released, along with his concept image #1.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 17th of September 2019, Mark's concept image #2 were released.




On the 18th of September 2019, Mark's concept image #3 were released.



On the 19th of September 2019, Kai's individual trailer was released, along with his concept image #1.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 20th of September 2019, Kai's concept image #2 were released.




On the 21st of September 2019, Kai's concept image #3 were released.



On the 22nd of September 2019, Taemin's individual trailer was released, along with his concept image #1.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 23rd of September 2019, Taemin's concept image #2 were released.






On the 24th of September 2019, Taemin's concept image #3 were released.



On the 25th of September 2019, the group trailer was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 26th of September 2019, the still images #1 were released.





On the 27th of September 2019, the still image #2 was released.
On the 28th of September 2019, the still image #3 was released
 On the 29th of September 2019, the performance video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
On the 30th of September 2019, the M/V teaser for title track Jopping was released, along with the M/V still images #1.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group




On the 1st of October 2019, the M/V still images #2 were released.





On the 2nd of October 2019, the M/V still image #3 was released.
On the 4th of October 2019, the M/V for Jopping was released, along with the physical and digital release of their SuperM's debut mini album SuperM.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Capitol Music Group
Also on the 4th of October, SuperM held a premiere event, where they met the media and fans and answered questions, as well as watching the M/V premiere with those in attendance. On the 6th of October, they held a live showcase from Capitol Records in Hollywood, which was streamed live worldwide on YouTube.
SuperM debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart, becoming the first Korean act to top the chart with a debut release.

Member Taeyong co-wrote on track No Manners, as well as co-composing on the track also.

SuperM peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.7 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.19 on the UK Digital Downloads Albums Chart, No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart and No.1 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
153,590+
Oricon Sales:
10,342+
Chinese Sales:
73,500+
US Sales:
244,100+
Giving the album a total of 481,532+ sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Jopping has gained 44,011,127 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

The SuperM mini album is released in 8 versions, there are 7 individual member versions and a group version titled the United Version.
All 8 versions are set out in a hardback book style case with the members versions having a dust jacket and the united version having a slip case. All the versions come with the Cd, photo book, poster and random photo card.
All the photo books are different with the member versions having photo books of that members and the group version being of the group.

Track List:
Jopping
I Can't Stand The Rain
2 Fast
Super Car
No Manners
Jopping (Inst.)
I Can't Stand The Rain (Inst.)

United Version































Mark's Version































As you can see, I have the United Version and Mark's version, soon as I saw that there would be individual versions, I knew I definitely had to get my hand's on Mark's as not only is he my bias in NCT 127, he's my overall main bias for NCT. I would like to eventually have all the version, but I needed to make sure I had Mark's first.
The layout for the album is pretty simple, the album itself is a pretty normal size, I love that the individual versions have a dust jacket for each member and I love the the slipcase is interactive for the United Version, I love that the logo seems to move and appear.
The album overall is such a good album, there isn't a bad track on it, my only disappointment is that they have unit songs, where only a few members perform and poor Lucas appears on one of those songs and still only has the tiniest of lines.
When I first heard Jopping the intro gave me Avenger theme feels, overall the track gives off vibes of SHINee, EXO and NCT 127, combining all elements that make these groups amazing as well making SuperM unite. I think this track is an amazing track to debut with, a majority of it is in English so you're able to sing along as well as get hyped up. Every time I listen to it or watch the M/V, I'm enthralled. It's catchy too so it sticks in your head even after you've listened to it. I love Mark's 2nd rap as well as Baekhyun's high notes, I love his vocals but that note took me off guard and blew me away, I still get chills when this song starts.
Jopping

If I had to pick a favourite track it would have to be I Can't Stand The Rain, I remember Skye telling me I would love 2 Fast but as soon as I heard this song I was in love with everything in this track. I mainly love the build up to the chorus as well as the chorus, personally for me this song makes Baekhyun, Taemin and Taeyong really shine and stand out, maybe because their parts are my favourite. I also love how it all ends abruptly, for me, making it sound like a powerful.
I Can't Stand The Rain

I love the chorus for 2 Fast, and Lucas' lines in this song are really too fast and too short, but I will say I do love how he says 2 Fast. I love the beat in this track, it's a good track to listen to before heading out for a night out. I love this song but I hate that it's such a short track. They really could have gave Lucas more time to shine but they seem to have made the track a more vocal line song.
2 Fast

We got to hear a snippet of Fast Car in Mark's teaser when they were teasing how amazing and powerful is rap is. I couldn't imagine any one other than SuperM performing this song, because I don't think it sounds like anything either EXO, SHINee or NCT would do. I do think though that this song was made for Mark, he just stands out so much in this song for me, showing just why he is the debut king.
Super Car

I have to applaud Taeyong because I think No Manners, is amazing, out of the whole song I absolutely love Taeyong's rap and I think Ten's voice really suits this song, As much as I love Taemin's voice, I think I would have preferred this song with just Kai, Taeyong and Ten as I think Kai and Ten's voices blend extremely well together.
No Manners

I love that the reason they are dubbed the Avengers of K-pop is because like the Avengers, they have their own respective and popular groups, like the Avengers having their own stand-alone movies, but come together as one to create a super group that helps spread the word and music of K-pop. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them and I hope I can see them live one day as they're all from groups I love and admire.

Were you excited for SuperM?
Did you like the line-up?
Do you have a copy of the album?
Whose version did you go for?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment