Monday 26 August 2019

BLACKPINK - Kill This Love

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Kill This Love is BLACKPINK's 2nd mini album, on the 25th of March 2019, Lisa's teaser image was released.
On the 26th of March 2019, Jennie's teaser image was released.
On the 27th of March 2019, Jisoo's teaser image was released.
On the 28th of March 2019, Rose's teaser image was released.
On the 29th of March 2019, BLACKPINK's group teaser image was released.
On the 1st of April 2019, the track list for Kill This Love were released, along with Lisa and Jennie's teaser videos.

Lisa's teaser video
Owned by YG Entertainment
Jennie's teaser video
Owned by YG Entertainment
On the 2nd of April 2019, Jisoo and Rose's teaser videos were released.
Jisoo's teaser video
Owned by YG Entertainment
Rose's teaser video
Owned by YG Entertainment
On the 3rd of April 2019, the M/V teaser for BLACKPINK's title track Kill This Love was released.
Owned by YG Entertainment
On the 5th of April 2019, the M/V for Kill This Love was released along with the digital release of their 2nd mini album of the same name.
Owned by YG Entertainment
On the 9th of April 2019, the dance practice for Kill This Love was released.
Owned by YG Entertainment
On the 16th of April 2019, the dance practice for Don't Know What To Do was released.
Owned By YG Entertainment
On the 23rd of April 2019, Kill This Love finally got a physical release. While promoting Kill This Love, on the 12th and 19th of April 2019, BLACKPINK performed at the 2019 Coachella Festival, making them the first female K-pop group to do so.
Opening with DDU-DU DDU-DU

Kill This Love in the first week alone sold over 350,000 copies in China, and around 250,000 physical copies in South Korea in the first 8 days of it's release. BLACKPINK also became the 2nd K-pop group to have an album chart in the official UK albums chart, as well as being the first female K-pop group to ever enter the charts.
Kill This Love won BLACKPINK 2 music show trophies on Inkigayo.

Kill This Love peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.17 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.40 on the Official UK Albums Chart, No.24 on the Billboard 200 and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
285,521+
Oricon Sales:
13,062+
Chinese Sales:
637,000+
US Sales:
9,100+
Giving the album a total of 944,683+ copies sold.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Kill This Love has gained 551,008,207 million views, with the views continuing to increase at a fast pace on a daily basis.

Kill This Love like Square Up, was released in 2 versions: Black and Pink.
Both versions are set out in a box case and come with Cd, photo book, mini photo book, lyric booklet, random poster, 4 random photo cards, stickers and a random Polaroid photo card.
The album cover designs for both versions are the same, they are just the colour of the corresponding version, all the goodies inside the album also correspond to the version you choose. Also the photo books for both versions are completely different.

Track List:
Kill This Love
Don't Know What To Do
Kick It
아니길 (Hope Not)
뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU) Remix








































As you can see like my Square Up album, I have the Pink version of Kill This Love. I couldn't resist when I walked into my local HMV and they had this album, I've been hoping they'd get it in since it was released. I love the photo book, I think the pink background really helps the girls to pop in the pictures and makes their beauty shine a little more. I do have to say that my favourite look from this photo book and this era is their explorer look or should I say their Tomb Raider (especially Jennie) look.
I would have to say Kill This Love personally for me is my favourite title track, I love the music as well as their vocals, I was pretty surprised when I saw that the song was pretty much 50/50 when it came to Korean and English within the track. It seemed pretty surreal when I heard it playing on the radio. It's also still a song that as soon as the music kicks in, I'm ready to (attempt) to sing along.
Kill This Love
I get Forever Young Vibes from Don't Know What To Do, it's another song of theirs where I really fall in love with Rose's voice. I think it's definitely song that showcases all the girls singing, Jennie and Lisa are mainly known for their rap skills, so it's nice to hear them sing. I love that the verses are soft and then we get a build up to the chorus and then that drop as we hit the chorus, for me it definitely sounds like this song was made for BLACKPINK.
Don't Know What To Do
I think Kick It is definitely a song made for Jennie and Lisa, my personal feel from this song is that it's about a girl learning to love herself as well as gain her Independence and walking away from someone that wasn't right for her and someone that was possibly trying to control her. It's definitely a song about strong independent women and who says those types of song have to be strong and hard beats. It definitely fits in with Kill This Loves theme.
Kick It
I feel like we've not had a song like 아니길 (Hope Not) since Stay, a song that shows BLACKPINK's softer and more vulnerable side. I love the melody, I love their voices, I love the sudden end to the song. I think this track is such a beautiful track and if I had to pick a favourite track from this mini album, it would be this song. This is one of those songs that for me shows and proves that when it comes to music there is no language barrier. I can fee the emotion in their voices in this song and I think it would be such a beautiful song to see and hear live.
아니길 (Hope Not)
Jaeguchi
I personally don't know how I feel about the 뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU) Remix, I think it's just because I'm used to the original release, I was kind of hoping it would be the version that was used for their tour advert for Manchester, but it's still pretty bad ass and lives up to BLACKPINK's sound.
뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU) Remix

I can't wait for BLACKINK to return to see how they're going to continue breaking records, I also can't wait to see what happens next for them especially in the UK, I definitely think with this mini album I've come closer to joining the BLINK family and one thing I will definitely say is that BLACKPINK is the revolution.

Do you have a physical copy of Kill this Love?
Were you a fan of Kill This Love?
Do you have a favourite track from the mini album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment