Monday 25 February 2019

INFINITE - Evolution

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I think it's time I introduce you to a group I got into a couple of years ago, but have only recently really started paying attention to.

INFINITE are a 6-member boy band formed in 2010 by Woollim Entertainment, they made their debut on the 9th of June 2010, with 7 members. On the 30th of August 2017, it was announced that member Hoya had chosen not to renew his contract with Woollim Entertainment and would not only be leaving the company to pursue his solo dreams, but he would also be leaving INFINITE.
The members of INFINITE are:
Sungkyu
Image result for infinite sunggyu top seed
Google Images

Dongwoo
Image result for infinite dongwoo top seed
Google Images

Woohyun
Image result for infinite woohyun top seed
Google Images

Sungyeol
Image result for infinite sunggyu top seed
Google Images

L
Image result for infinite L top seed
Google Images

Sungjong
Image result for infinite sungjong top seed
Google Images

Evolution is INFINITE'S 2nd mini album, on the 29th of December 2010, BTD Teaser was released. Also on the 29th of December, as a teaser for the album, they released a track called 마음으로.. (Voice of My Heart).
Owned by Woollim Entertainment
On the 5th of January 2011, the M/V for title track BTD (Before the Dawn) was released along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd mini album Evolution.
During promotions, the M/V for BTD (Before the Dawn) was considered to be controversial as it depicted violence. Then on the 17th of January 2011, the dance version of the M/V was released.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment

Evolution peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and peaked at No.53 on the Gaon Year-End Albums Chart for 2011.
Gaon Sales in 2011:
28,320+
Total overall Sales:
66,571+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for BTD (Before the Dawn) has gained 3,586,527 million views so far while the dance version of the M/V has gained 12,005,432 million views.

Evolution is set out in a rectangular hardback book style case, with the photo book following the dark concept in the BTD M/V.

Track List:
Evolution (Intro)
BTD (Before the Dawn)
Can U Smile
Hysterie
마음으로.. (Voice of My Heart)
몰라 (I Don't Know)














Evolution is my 2nd album (physical 3 albums overall) from INFINITE and it was from hearing BTD (Before the Dawn), that I decided I wanted this album, I already had 2 of their albums from finding them 2 years ago. This album shows that from early on that INFINITE were a talented group and would last a long time. I love all the songs, they showcase each of their vocals really well, each track is different from the last. While I love this album and enjoy listening to it, I wouldn't say it was my favourite album from them, overall I love the dark concept and could listen to this album all day.

Evolution (Intro)

BTD (Before the Dawn)

Can U Smile

Hysterie

MBCkpop
마음으로.. (Voice of My Heart)

몰라 (I Don't Know)
Pandeaux

I think each song stands out in it's own right from this album and I'm slowly trying to get my hands on INFINITE's past albums.

When did you find INFINITE?
Were you a fan of BTD?
What were your thoughts on Evolution?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment