Sunday 15 April 2018

Fangirl Monthly: February Box

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
You may have noticed that I've not posted about Fangirl Monthly since our October box, well that's because the months between October and February, the box' have either been series' that I don't watch or that I'm not familiar with. 
February's box however, I squealed with delight when I saw what series was in the spotlight, Ouran High School Host Club!

Ouran High School Host Club is one of my favourite series', even Skye is a fan. The series follows Haruhi Fujioka, who is a scholarship student at Ouran High School, and is forced to join the host club when she accidentally knocks over and breaks a vase that's valued over $80,000. On first encounter because of her short hair and slouchy clothes the 6 male hosts of the host club mistake Haruhu for a boy, until they later realise she is a girl but because she is a natural at entertaining their female clientele both she and the rest of the hosts decide to keep her gender a secret from their members as she tries to repay her debt. Throughout the series close friendships and relationships are formed by the characters, but if you haven't either read the manga or seen the anime then I suggest you check it out to see how everything ends.
Shall we check out the goodies from the box?




First up we have an EXCLUSIVE OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB POSTCARD PRINT, this is Fangirl Monthly's expectant item and also keeping up appearances is Mayu Matsumoto, who creates the artwork for these postcards. I love the colours used for this postcard and I love that it includes all our host club hosts; Haruhi, Tamaki, Kyoya, twins Hikaru and Kaoru, Honey Senpai and Mori.


Next we have our CUSTOM USA-CHAN COTTON JEWELRY POUCH, Usa-chan is a cute bunny bear that Honey Senpai is pretty much never seen without, Honey Senpai is one of the oldest members of the host club but with his small frame and childish ways and loves for sweets and teddies, he would often be mistake for a child. A couple of Christmas' ago I actually bought Skye her own Usa-chan, which she still has.


Next we have CUSTOM USA-CHAN DANGLE EARRINGS, I'm always a little gutted when we get earrings as they're always so cute and my ears aren't pierced. These earrings are the cutest things I think I've seen and make me want to go and get my ears pierced, they look so well made.


Next we have an OURAN HIGH SCHOOL INSPIRED ROSE RING, each member of the host club has a different coloured rose which represents them, Mori-Senpai has a dark blue rose which in Japanese culture represents loyalty, Honey Senpai has a pink rose which symbolises love and sweetness, the twins have each a different coloured rose; Kaoru has an orange rose which in Western cultures symbolises enthusiasm, passion and desire, while Hikaru's rose is a light blue also symbolising loyalty. Kyoya has a purple rose which expresses love at first sight and enchantment, it also has a traditional association with royalty, Tamaki has a white rose which represents innocence and purity and finally Haruhi has the well known red rose which symbolises true love and life as well as a loving heart and devotion. As expected we got the leading lady, Haruhi's rose and it's really pretty. I'm not sure on when or where I would wear this as it's quite large and my fingers are small and dainty.


Next we have a CUSTOM SCHOOL CREST IRON-ON PATCH, I literally screamed when I saw this as I can now be a student of Ouran High School. I think this item is a must have for all Ouran High School Host Club fans out there. I do already own a blazer but I don't know if I want to buy a brand new one that is the same colour as there's or use the dark blue blazer that I already own.


Lastly we have a CUSTOM OURAN HIGH SCHOOL CREST NECKLACE, which is a replica of the patch as it's obviously Ouran Highs school logo. I think this necklace is a really nice length, it's easy to put on and take off as well as looking really well made.

It's now time to get into all the business side of the Fangirl Monthly subscription box, whatever month you subscribe, as long as it's before the deadline you will get that months box, if it's after the deadline you will receive the next months box. Each box comes with 3-5 anime and manga inspired jewelry, accessories and goodies from a selected series each month. You get the choice of what term of what subscription plan you would like, there's a 6 month plan which is $102/£83.69 and renews every 6 months until you cancel, there is a 3 month plan which is $52.50/£43.08 and renews every 3 months until you cancel, and finally there is a monthly plan which is the plan I am on, which is $18/£14.77 and renews every month until you cancel. You are able to skip any of the months boxes if you need to for any reason. These boxes do not include shipping and each shipping price varies for where they are shipping to, I pay £24.81 a month which is including shipping. If you are interested in subscribing or fancy checking them out then you can head over to the Fangirl Monthly website.


I absolutely loved this box but I have to say that the patch had to be my favourite item in the box. I'm not sure when my next box will be as March's box was One Piece and I'm not a fan of that series and sadly because of funding I had to skip both April and May's box even though I really didn't want to as April's box was Princess Serenity aka Sailor Moon and May's box is my favourite series Attack on Titan. I look forward to checking out other unboxing's for those 2 boxes, just a shame I had to skip them both.

"Why should I care about appearances and labels anyway. It's what's on the inside that counts."
- Haruhi Fujioka -

See you soon!


안녕

(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment