Saturday 16 February 2019

Taiwanese Drama: Murphy's Law of Love

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Google Images
It's time for something new again this week, not only is it a first for a post but it's also a first for me which is a Taiwanese drama, and my first Taiwanese drama is Murphy's Law of Love.
Murphy's Law of Love is a romantic comedy television series, in Chinese it's known as 莫非,這就是愛情, which translates as Perhaps, This is Called Love, which the series also goes by. The series was created by Sanlih E-Television and written by Wang Ruo-ting, Chen Jie-ying, Fang Yi-de, Wu Xiang-ying, Chen Xing-ying, Zhu Ying, Lan Meng-he, Chen Pei-wen, Luo Qian-ni and Zhang Ya-jun. The series was directed by Ye Tian-lun, Li Qing-rong and Hao Xin-Xiang.
The series aired from the 20th of March, finishing on the 24th of July 2015, it contains a total of 19 episodes, with each episodes run time being 90 minutes.

Main Cast:
Danson Tang as Ji Jai-wei
 Google Images

Ivelyn Lee as Guan Xiao-tong
 Google Images

Jolin Chen as Xiang Zi-yan
 Google Images

Jenna Wang as He Zhi-yu
 Google Images

Supporting Cast:
JR as Lin Shao-qiang
Google Images

Enson Zhang as Simon Wang Xi-men
Google Images

Mandy Tao as Hu An-ting
Google Images

Phoebe Huang as Wu Mei-zhen
 Google Images

Verna Lin as Xia Xin-Xin
Google Images

Steven Sun As Ai Lun
Google Images

Johnny Yang as Ke Rui
Google Images

Filming for the series began on the 24th of February 2015, with filming also continuing as the series aired. On the 5th of March 2015, a press conference was held at the SETTV headquarters lobby in Taipei, which introduced both Danson Tang and Ivelyn Lee as the main leads as well as Jolin Chen as the 2nd male lead.
On the 19th of March 2015, a premier press conference was held which introduced the whole cast, fans were invited with limited seating, which was on a first-come first-served basis.

Like a majority of the dramas I've watched, there are songs from the series that I love and take me back to the drama, Murphy's Law of Love is no different.
Landy Wen - Fly With Me


GJ - Want To Say

J.Arie - What Is The Shape of Your Love


Danson Tang - Want To Say

Murphy's Law means anything that cam go wrong, will go wrong.
Guan Xiao-tong has been cursed with Murphy's Law all her life. Every time her attainable desires are within reach, they somehow escape her grasp at the last moment. After her boyfriend dumps her and breaks her heart, Xiao-tong decides to use her psychiatric expertise to help others with love at an online matchmaking service. Soon a divorce firm opens across the street from her office, threatening the matchmaking service. The divorce firms owner Ji Jai-wei, thinks Xiao-tong's theory and love advice is idiotic, while she thinks he is a cold-hearted person who doesn't believe in love and only started his business so others can be like him. But since Xiao-tong is cursed with Murphy's Law, Jai-wei whom she has no interest in starts falling for her when she unknowingly starts to melt his ice-cold heart.

If I am completely honest about this drama, I needed to take a break from it because I was I was getting bored and felt like I was getting nowhere with the drama. After taking a short break from watching the series, I fell straight back in love with it. I loved the cast, I thought the cast were perfect, they all added something to the series, and I don't think it would have been as good as it is, without any of them. I wasn't 100% in love with the story but because the casting was perfect, what I disliked about the story was made better because of the chemistry with all the cast on screen. Personally for me, it was predictable but that's only because I find romance drama's always seem to take the same route and tend to have the same outcome. If I had to choose who I wanted to work for between the two business', I'd say I'd have to work at the divorce firm, just because I loved the employee's, Shao-qiang, Xi-men and An-ting, definitely added the comedy value to the series. I watched the show on Netflix which they had a different episode layout, each episode lasted about 45 minutes with the series containing 31 episodes, which is why I think I got bored half way through. I would have been happier watching the episodes at 90 minutes each as it wouldn't have then cut off the episode at rather random times in the drama. I'd happily watch it again and recommend it to anyone that loves romantic comedy dramas, you may even be like me and come away being a new fan of Danson Tang and a fan of his music.

Have you watched Murphy's Law of Love?
Were you a fan?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment