Friday 7 December 2018

Chimera - Book Review

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


WOW! it's been over a year since I posted about this book series by Mira Grant, Chimera is the third and final novel in the Parasitology series and follows Parasite and Symbiont, it was published on the 24th of November 2015.

THE TERRIFYING CONCLUSION TO THE TRILOGY THAT BEGAN WITH A HUGO-NOMINATED PARASITE.

The outbreak has spread, tearing apart the foundations of society, as implanted parasites have turned their human hosts into a seemingly mindless mob.

Sal and her family are trapped between bad and worse, and must find a way to compromise between the two sides of their nature before the battle becomes large enough to destroy humanity...

WARNING: THIS THRILLER IS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS!

Praise for the Parasitology series:
"Eerily plausible...(an) exploration of trust, uncertainty and the price of progress." - Publishers Weekly
"Parasite seals Grant's reputation as one of today's most exciting hard science fiction authors." - io9.com
"Horrifying, riveting...this work is a tour De force." - Library Journal

I started reading Chimera over a year ago, but when I started I never got past the first chapter. I did eventually pick it back up a month or so ago and I can finally say I have completed the Parasitology series. While I thought the final instalment was slow running and then rushed at the end, I loved every sentence, paragraph and page. I loved how all the characters developed, especially Sal, she grew from being scared and dependent on others, to a woman whose first reaction was to run ahead and protect those she loved and cared for. I could feel myself getting mad on her behalf for how people she once trusted were treating her, just because she wasn't "one of them". I can honestly say I shed a few tears reading the ending, I think it was such a beautiful and well deserving end to the series and I do hope that one day we'll get another book just to see how everything works out and if the human race comes to befriend the Chimera race.
I didn't want to give too much away with my review but I would highly recommend checking out the parasitology series, it keeps you in suspense from start to finish.

Check out other titles by Mira Grant:
Parasitology Series:
Parasite
Symbiont
Chimera
Newsflesh Series:
Feed
Deadline
Blackout
Into The Drowning Deep
Short Fiction:
Coming To You Live
Countdown
San Diego 2014: The Last Stand Of The California Browncoats
Hoe Green This Land, How Blue This Sea
The Day The Dead Came to Show and Tell
Please Do Not Taunt The Octopus

I can't wait to get my hands on her new series and starting Into The Drowning Deep and see what new characters it brings as well as what new hell it brings.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment