Monday 16 July 2018

ZE:A - First Homme

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


ZE:A are a 9-member South Korean boy group formed and debuted January 2010 by Star Empire Entertainment.
The group consists of members:

Kevin
Google Images
Kwanghee
Google Images
Hyungsik
Google Images
Siwan
Google Images
Lee Hoo (was Junyoung)
Google Images
Taeheon
Google Images
Heechul
Google Images
Minwoo
Google Images
Dongjun
Google Images
On the 9th of February 2017, it was reported that ZE:A would be disbanding, then on the 12th of February 2017, Star Empire gave an official statement announcing that ZE:A would not be disbanding, with the members also confirming this, an stating that they would come back as a group when the time comes. The members of ZE:A are promoting solo activities, some under different companies.

First Homme is ZE:A's 2nd mini album and on the 23rd of May 2014, Star Empire announced that that ZE:A would be making a comeback after a 10 month hiatus.
On the 29th of May 2014, the 숨소리 (Breathe) Official Teaser was released.
Owned by Star Empire Entertainment
On the 1st of June 2014, the 숨소리 (Breathe) Official Teaser (1 Min Ver.) was released.
Owned by Star Empire Entertainment
On the 2nd of June 2014, the M/V for 숨소리 (Breathe) was released along with the digital and physical release of their 2nd mini album First Homme.
Owned by Star Empire Entertainment

Promotions began for 숨소리 (Breathe) and First Homme on the 5th of June 2014 on M Countdown, with them promoting for 2 weeks.

Minwoo co-wrote on track (Wobble).
Kevin co-wrote track ONE, as well as co-composing with Hyungsik.

First Homme peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
17,742+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The 숨소리 (Breathe) M/V has so far gained 5,301,781 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

First Homme is set out in a slipcase with a photobook and a fold out card Cd holder. The card case folds out to show pictures of the members. The first half of the photobook shows the members in a magazine cover style concept, while the 2nd half shows the members individually as well as a group.
The album comes with a random member photocard.

Track List:
First Homme
삐끗 삐끗 (Wobble)
숨소리 (Breathe)
비틀비틀 (St:Dagger)
ONE
숨소리 (Breathe) Inst.


























I didn't come across ZE:A until watching the Korean Drama Hwarang that starred member Hyungsik as the 2nd male lead last year. I was intrigued by how good looking Hyungsik was so decided to dig a little further to find more out about him and that's when I decided to look into ZE:A (not that I needed a new group to get into). Looking back on their past songs I'd actually seen their debut track Mazeltov in a video pointing out random English lyrics that didn't really make sense but, the track that pulled me into ZE:A's world was 숨소리 (Breathe). On hearing this track I decided to take the plunge and buy First Homme to see how their album sounded and I was blown away. ZE:A are a group that are really underrated, their vocals really blend well together. I love how the first track blends really well into the second track, each track sounds different and stand out in their own right, meaning they don't blend into one making it a memorable album. I love the album layout, it's very sleek and gives off a masculine vibe.


삐끗 삐끗 (Wobble)


숨소리 (Breathe)

비틀비틀 (St:Dagger)

ONE

ZE:A were already on hiatus by the time I decided to check them out, So I hope that I'll one day get to witness them coming back together again. I wouldn't say that I've really fallen into their fandom just yet but I've not moved away from Breathe or First Homme just yet, and I still really can't remember names and put them to faces apart from 3 members; which is Hyungsik, Kwanghee and Dongjun. I came to recognise Dongjun just for the fact I was watching Black and it was frustrating me why I recognised his face and it was because of ZE:A. I really want to eventually get their past albums as well as check out the drama's that the members have been in.

Are you a fan of ZE:A?
When did you join their fandom?
Who is your bias?
Do you have a favourite track from First Homme?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment