Saturday 9 September 2017

Fangirl Monthly: August Box

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Google Images
I'm finally back with a Fangirl Monthly post, June and July's boxes were series' that I wasn't familiar with so I skipped those boxes but August's box I knew I had to get as it's a series that I am really familiar with and even though I've only really sat and watched the live action movies, I know this is a good series.
Fangirl Monthly's August box theme is Death Note, lets see what goodies we got inside the August box.




First up we have a EXCLUSIVE LIGHT & RYUK POSTCARD PRINT, I love that we always get one of these postcard prints and I love that they still use the artwork from Mayu Matsumoto, but I have to say it's not one of my favourite postcard prints that I've received so far through Fangirl Monthly. I do like the colours used though as it makes the characters pop more from the background.


Next we have a CUSTOM L COTTON JEWELRY POUCH, I will continue to say that I love that we get a custom pouch's made by Fangirl Monthly for that months theme, I keep the jewelry and accessories for that theme in it's own pouch so it's easier to identify where to find the item I want. Whenever I think of Death Note I think of how L is designed and was even excited when a friend from work got me a mug with L on it and it was designed the same way.


Next we have a CUSTOM MISA COSPLAY NECKLACE, for people not familiar with Death Note, Misa is the main female character that devotes herself to Light Yagmai and falls in love with him after finding out he is Kira and is responsible for the death of the murderer that killed her family. She is often shown as a blonde with parts of her hair up in pigtails and dresses in a Gothic style. She is a Japanese Idol and becomes a 2nd Kira when she gets her hands on another Death Note. She has been seen wearing a cross necklace in the manga and a Fleurs-de-lis necklace in the anime, which is the necklace we received in our box. The necklace is easy to put on and take off and is a decent length when being worn, it's not a necklace I would purchase and wear myself but it is really pretty and well made to the point that I would wear it if it would suit my outfit, it would also come in handy if I ever decided to cosplay as Misa.


Next we have RYUK INSPIRED APPLE EARRINGS, Ryuk is a Shinigami. In Japanese mythology a Shinigami is what we would know as the Grim reaper, Ryuk is bored living in the Shinigami realm and wants entertainment in his life, so drops a Death Note into the human world, which Light Yagami finds and uses to write the names of criminals in order to kill them. Ryuk has a fondness of apples and describes that fondness as what humans would call an addiction to things like alcohol and cigarettes. To be honest I'm not surprised we got something apple related in this box as especially in the live action film apples are seen a lot floating about, as a sign of Ryuk eating them. I get a bit gutted when we get earrings as I'm not able to put them to use as my ears are no longer pierced, while the earrings do look pretty and colourful, they aren't something I would choose to wear.


Next we have a LIGHT & L DOUBLE INITIAL CHARM NECKLACE, Light Yagami and L are the main characters of Death Note and secretly each other enemy, L is brought in to find and stop Kira and suspects Light is him and attempts to stop him, Light wants to find out L's real name to write his name into his Death Note to stop him as he believes there really isn't any justice in Japan's justice system. This is my favourite jewelry item from the box, it's easy to put on and take off and is really well made, I like that it's not your usual chain necklace and I think the design and colour of it really adds to how pretty it is. I think it's a versatile necklace then both men and women can get away with wearing. I love that Light's initial has wording from the Death Note.


Lastly we have a DEATH NOTE NOTEBOOK KEYCHAIN, I can honestly say that this is my favourite item from the box and as soon as I took it out of the box I placed it on a locker key I have that I sometimes use at work. I love that on the front it says Death Note and then on the back we have a quote from the Death Note "The human whose name is written in this note shall die."


It's now time to get into all the business side of the Fangirl Monthly subscription box, whatever month you subscribe, as long as it's before the deadline you will get that months box, if it's after the deadline you will receive the next months box. Each box comes with 3-5 anime and manga inspired jewelry, accessories and goodies from a selected series each month. You get the choice of what term of what subscription plan you would like, there's a 6 month plan which is $102/£83.69 and renews every 6 months until you cancel, there is a 3 month plan which is $52.50/£43.08 and renews every 3 months until you cancel, and finally there is a monthly plan which is the plan I am on, which is $18/£14.77 and renews every month until you cancel. You are able to skip any of the months boxes if you need to for any reason. These boxes do not include shipping and each shipping price varies for where they are shipping to, I pay £24.81 a month which is including shipping. If you are interested in subscribing or fancy checking them out then you can head over to the Fangirl Monthly website.


As you know my last Fangirl Monthly box was the Fullmetal Alchemist box in May, one thing I like about this subscription is you can skip months if you're not really familiar or a fan of that months theme hence why I haven't had a box since May.
June's box was Madoka Magica which is a series I know of but not one I have read or watched, I do often eye up the manga whenever I see it in a book store.
July's box was Hatsune Miku and although I know of her and like her I wouldn't say that I'm a die hard fan that I felt I needed jewelry and accessories.
I really liked this box and I like that the items were versatile as Death Note is a popular series with both guys and girls. Death Note is a series I think gets people to really think about how they would react in this situation as I can see reasoning from both Light and L. I agree with Light in the way that the justice system doesn't always work and I strongly believe that it should be life for a life, but in L's shoes I can see that even though Light begins by only killing criminals, he's acting no different to any other murderer in the way he is planning to kill this people to the point he manipulates how they will die and even starts killing people that are innocent and getting in his way, this is where I believe Light deserves the life for a life consequence. 
I can't wait till my next box arrives as I will be receiving the the September box and I'm really excited as it's another series that I love both the show and the characters.
September box is Bleach.

If Kira gets caught, he is evil. If Kira rules the world, he is justice.
- Light Yagami -

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment