Tuesday 6 June 2017

Beef & Potato Hash

Hello
Annyeong
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao



It's been a while since I've done a cooking post that I thought it was time that I get back into it and start sharing recipes I've found, tried and tested, growing up I had a lot of hash and pudding, as of yet I've not made this since I got older so Skye hasn't experienced it as delicious comfort food, so I found a recipe I liked online and gave it a try, this is all cooked in a slow cooker.
Lets get cooking!


Ingredients:
750 g mince beef
1 lb potatoes, diced large
3 carrots
400 g diced onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1 x 142 g tinned tomato puree
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
2 corned beef slices (optional)

Start of by browning the mince beef and while that's browning, peel and slice the carrots and mince the garlic clove.

Once browned add the mince beef into the slow cooker.

Then add the diced onions, carrots and garlic clove to the slow cooker.

Dice the potatoes into large pieces and then add to the slow cooker, I kept the skin on my potatoes.

In either a small bowl or jug, add the tomato puree, onion powder, oregano and water and whisk together until mixed.

I then broke up 2 corned beef slices and dropped into the slow cooker.

Next pour the tomato puree mixture over everything in the slow cooker and give it a mix making sure everything is coated, if not adding corned beef then pour the mixture over once made.

Finally turn on your slow cooker on to low and cook for 6-7 hours, leave the slow cooker covered throughout the cooking process, I had mine cooking for 7 hours.

The last 20 minutes of the cooking I placed Yorkshire Puddings in the oven to serve with the dish, on removing the lid the hash smelt so nice and looked really good.

Once everything was ready I served with 2 Yorkshire Puddings, with plenty of the hash left over to have the next day too.

I really enjoyed making this dish, it was really easy to prepare and by cooking it in the slow cooker meant I had time to get other chores done. I dished this up for 3 people with 2 Yorkshire Puddings each and I still had a pan-full of the hash left over to eat the next day. The recipe was really easy to follow and tasted really good too, if you want to check out the original recipe then check out Slow Cooker Poor Man's Stew. Slow cooker recipe's are always good to try as it means you're not hovering over a hot stove and ending up smelling of the food you've cooked.

Tried this recipe?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeong
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment