Tuesday 7 February 2017

Cooking: Mushroom & Sausage Pasta Bake

Hello
Annyeong
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


This is something that I like to cook a lot as it's quick and easy and there's not much to do in preparing it, it's a dish that I altered from something that my parents used to cook when growing up. They used to cook pasta with sausages and I'm not sure if it was a carbonara sauce so I mixed it up and made it into a pasta bake so that Skye could also grow up enjoying it.

Ingredients:
500 g wholewheat fusilli pasta
400 g diced onions
250 g sliced mushrooms
12 thin pork sausages
500 g cheese & bacon pasta bake sauce
grated cheese

Start off by adding boiling water to your pasta and cook for about 12 minutes, depending on the pasta you use see cooking instructions for correct time. I always used boiled water from the kettle to save time with the water boiling from cold water on the hob. 
Preheat the oven to 200C/


Once the pasta is cooked, add it to a deep oven proof dish and then add the diced onions and mix together.

Next add the sliced mushrooms and mix together.

Next using scissors cut all the sausages into 1/3's and then place into the dish and mix together again.

Lastly pour the sauce into the dish and if the jar states add cold water into the jar just past the top of the label and pour the water into the dish, finally mix altogether and coat all the ingredients well.

Put the bake into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.

After 25 minutes remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated cheese on the top and place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes. I didn't give an amount for the cheese as you can place an amount that you prefer.


After 20 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and let it sit for 1 minute and then it's ready to dish up, I added more cheese on the top of mine which is really an optional choice whether you want to add more cheese or not.


I always really enjoy cooking this dish and I hope it's something that Skye will adjust herself as she starts cooking herself and passes it along to her own children. I normally use courgettes in this recipe too but when I came to use the ones we have in the fridge they were ready for throwing away and if you're wanting a creamier sauce then you could use 2 jars instead of just 1.

Do you have a recipe you've adjusted from your family?
Did you enjoy this dish?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeong
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment