Friday 9 December 2016

Thunderbolt Fantasy

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao

Google Images

Today's anime post, I've only seen a couple of episodes of but thought it deserved a feature on my blog as I think it's gonna be a big show in the future.

Google Images

Thunderbolt Fantasy is a Japanese-Taiwanese glove puppetry TV series and is also known as Thunderbolt Fantasy: Sword Travels From the East. It's created and written by Gen Urobuchi and produced as a collaboration between Japanese companies Nitroplus & Good Smile Company and Taiwanese puppet production company Pili International Multimedia.
The series began airing in Japan July 8th 2016, with it being simulcast by iQiyi Taiwan and Crunchyroll under 3 official languages: Taiwanese Min-Nan aired in Taiwan, Mandarin Chinese aired in China and Japanese aired in Japan.
A manga adaptation illustrated by Yui Sakuma began serialisation in Kadansha's Weekly Morning Magazine on July 21st 2016, while a sequel to the TV series is currently in production.
Thunderbolt Fantasy was first announced on February 5th 2016, with Nitroplus Gen Urobuchi used a full year to develop the script closely with Pili. The voices were originally performed in Min-Nan Chinese based on the translated Japanese script for the puppetry performance and broadcast in Taiwan, episodes were also dubbed into Mandarin Chinese and Japanese for their regions broadcasts. The Japanese version was licensed to simulcast outside of Asia by Crunchyroll, starting July 8th 2016, the sequel is announced at the end of the 1st seasons final episode.


Google Images

Set in an eastern fantasy setting, Dan Fei and her brother, guardians of a sword known as the Tian Xing Jian, are pursued by the evil Xuan Zong Clan, who seek to obtain the sword for their master, Mie Tian Hai. While her brother is defeated, Fei, who possess the swords cross guard, escapes and finds herself in the care of the wandering swordsman, Shang Bu Huan, and a mysterious man named Lin Xue Ya, who become her protectors from the pursuing Xuan Gui Zong Clan.





The opening theme for season 1 of Thunderbolt Fantasy is Raimei and performed by T.M. Revolution.

Raimei by T.M. Revolution

I've only watched a couple episodes and spent most of the first episode thinking what is this, this is weird, but I still have that pull that makes me want to continue watching it. Just watching the first episode made me think that the new version of Thunderbirds could have been so much better if they kept it as puppets and just used the amazing techniques that are clearly available now. When I was told they were puppets my jaw dropped as when I think about a show with puppets I think the original Thunderbirds series and if you compare the 2 you can see how much effort has been put into Thunderbolt Fantasy and their hard work has really paid off. I have no doubt that this show is going to be part of the popular anime shows in the future. I feel that because I haven't fully watched this series yet that I can't really recommend it but I'm sure that with just the first episode you will be in awe just like I was. The genre may not be what I usually watch but with just the first episode it's made me want to give it a go and see how it will all conclude.




Have you watched Thunderbolt Fantasy?
What did you think?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment