Tuesday 18 October 2016

Cooking: Prawn, Grape, Avocado & Spinach Salad

Hello
Annyoeung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


It's been a while since I did a cooking post and I thought with getting a few 8 hr shifts at work that I'd do some posts of the recipes that I've been having for my dinner. I know this is classed as a cooking post, but there really isn't much cooking in this post, it's all pretty much quick and easy and ideal for lunch or dinner on your work break. Well lets get started!

Ingredients:
6 cups Spinach
2 cups halved seedless grapes, red, green or a mix
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 cup goats cheese
1/2 cup pine nuts
uncooked prawns
beetroot and balsamic dressing

I started off by cooking my prawns and once done placed them in a bowl to cool down ready for when I needed them.


Next step is to prepare all the other ingredients, so I placed the spinach in a large bowl ready.

I then halved all my grapes, I used both red and green grapes.

Next I peeled, pitted and chopped the avocado.

Next I measured out the pine nuts and broke apart the goats cheese.

Next step is to put all the prepared ingredients into the bowl with the spinach leaves.

I gave it a quick mix with my hands and then drizzled the beetroot and balsamic dressing and gave it another mix with a large spoon.

Then it's ready to serve, I placed mine in Skye's bento box, I do have my own but it's been used and now in the freezer, and then placed it in the fridge ready for work the next day.

I was a bit wary about this recipe as I picked it because it was quick and easy to make as well as something that wouldn't fill me up while at work, or make me feel bloated. I've never really tried goats cheese before and I've never had grapes in a salad before, so this was a new thing for me to try. I originally found this recipe looking for recipe's that included avocado, I altered the recipe slightly from the one I found and changed some of the ingredients.
I really enjoyed this salad and will make at again at some point in the future as I think it will be good for when I start up with my workouts again, the original recipe is also gluten free.

Check out the original recipe: Grape, Avocado and Arugula Salad.

Let me know in the comments below if you try this recipe.

See you soon!



Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment