Thursday 4 August 2016

Manga Madness: Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi - Onodera Ritsu no Baal

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao

WARNING! PARENTAL ADVISORY EXPLICIT CONTENT


I thought I'd change up this week's Manga, I tend to post more about action or romance so I thought this week I would do about one of my favourite romance manga's called Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi: Onodera Ritsu no Ball which in the UK is known as The World's Greatest First Love: The Case of Onodera Ritsu, if you've seen my past Top 10 Anime List post it may sound familiar as the anime for this manga ranked at no.2 in my list. Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi is a Boys Love manga which is also often known as BL or Yaoi if you haven't figured it our from Boys Love then the penny may drop with it's a boy on boy romance manga.










The manga is written and illustrated by Shungiku Nakamura and started it's serialisation back in October 2006 and is still running today.
The manga follows Onodera Ritsu (Ritsu Onodera to us) as he starts a new job at Marukawa Publishing to make his name big on his own rather than being the son of the owner of Onodera Publishing's, but instead of being placed in the literature department that he loves, he's placed in the Shojo Manga department. Onodera doesn't get along with his new boss Takano Masamune, after helping out Takano all night Onodera learns that back in high school Takano had a different surname. Takano recognises Onodera and Onodera thinks he's mistaken him for someone else until Takano reveals in high school his family name was Saga. The penny drops for Onodera as he realises Takano is the senpai he confessed to in high school and the reason why for the past 10 years he's not been able to find love again. Takano reveals that he could never forget Onodera and reveals that he still has feelings for him and states that he will make Onodera confess his love for him again. The series carries on this story of Takano making Onodera fall in love with him again and Onodera trying his hardest not to. The series also follows two other couples 2 of which are also editors in the Shojo Manga department, editor Yoshiyuki Hatori and his childhood friend and mangaka that he edits Yoshino Chiaki and editor Shouta Kisa and bookstore employee Yukina Kou.









In February 2015 the first 8 volumes on the manga had been licensed for an English release so far only 4 volumes have been released in the UK with the 5th volume being released in November this year(2016), overall so far the manga has 11 volumes. In 2011 the manga go an anime adaptation which had 2 seasons following the same characters. Nakamura's first manga was Junjo Romanica which often sees characters cross between Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi and Junjo Romantica, Junjo Romantica is another Yaoi anime and manga that I follow.









I love the story between Onodera and Takano and I'm rooting for them to end up together amidst the fiance's and jealous friends. The volumes also have a warning on the front cover as there are also scenes of a sexual nature, yes they are shown to be having sex hence my warning at the start too though certain parts are never clearly drawn a warning is still required. You may think that as a straight woman it's odd for me to enjoy reading a gay manga but Yaoi is more popular amongst female manga fans.










If you love manga and enjoy romance manga's then I'd suggest checking out this one, I originally found the anime first on Crunchyroll and got hooked really quickly and then found the manga on my manga app, I always have my fingers crossed that there's a new update on my app for the next chapter but sadly it's not been updated for nearly a month. 

Do you read Yaoi manga?
Do you have any suggestions for me?
Do you read Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi?
What did you think?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment