Tuesday 8 March 2016

F(x) - 4 Walls

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao


This week I'm going to introduce you to another group that I've recently got into, they are a group that I knew of but never really listened or paid much attention to them not until their comeback last year.

F(x) debuted in 2009 as a 5 member girl group, they were said to be the sister group to the male group SHINee, which SM has done before with Girls Generation being the sister group of Super Junior. F(x) contains members Amber, Luna, Victoria, Krystal and Sulli. Last me fast forward to July 17th 2015 when SM Entertainment announced that Sulli was taking a hiatus from the entertainment industry because of malicious comments and false rumours, in just a short time SM then announced on August 7th that Sulli was leaving the group to focus on her acting career and also confirmed news that F(x) were preparing to make a comeback with a brand new full length album as a 4 member group.
SM released different teasers in the run up to the comeback including the teaser for the MV for their comeback single 4 Walls on October 25th 2015.
Owned by SM Entertainment.

On October 26th SM released the 4 Walls MV, showing F(x) to be as strong as ever, the MV gives of an Alice in Wonderland feel to it, this was the first F(x) MV I'd sat through and I was hooked soon as the track started.
Owned by SM Entertainment.

The next day on October 27th the album was released going in at No.1 in both South Korea's Gaon Weekly Album Chart and America's US Billboard World Albums, the album also peaked at No.39 in Japan's Oricon Album Chart and No.7 in America's US Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart. The album sales stand as Gaon: 75,625+; Hanteo: 80,800+ and Oricon: 2,887+ the Korean sales together come in at 156,425+ copies sold. The track 4 Walls also won 5 music show awards.

The album is set out in a book style case like SHINee's Hello repackaged album with a slip in the back cover that holds the CD, the album comes in a choice of two colours red or white front covers and there are 4 different back covers for each of the members, I have the white front cover with member Luna on the back cover. The pictures throughout the booklet are colourful as well as showing each members individuality as well as their individuality as a group, I always thought that Krystal would be my favourite members of the group with me being able to recognise her from the start with even being able to tell her voice from other members because she sounds really similar to sister Jessica Jung(Girls Generation), but in fact my favourite member is to me personally the prettiest member Victoria and close to her is Amber. I always feel bad for amber because she is always put down because of her appearance and was/is often mistaken for a guy, because she is often seen and hear rapping for F(x) it came as a surprise when Amber released her solo mini album and had a stunning ballad called Beautiful proving she has a sweet and feminine voice, I highly recommend you check out that track.

Track List:
4 WALLS
GLITTER
DEJA VU
X
RUDE LOVE
DIAMOND
TRAVELER / feat.Zico
PAPI
CASH ME OUT
WHEN I'M ALONE











































Track Cash Me out was originally going to be used as the title track for their Pink Tape album but saw track Rum Pum Pum Pum used instead. Track when I'm alone is a song written and co-composed by singer Carly Rae Jepsen during sessions for her 3rd album but when it wasn't used SM purchased the rights to the track. Now let me share with you my personal favourite tracks from the album which I think are also tracks to check out from this F(x) album.

4 Walls Live

Rude Love Lyrics
By rexolyrics

X Lyrics
By Jenirus

When I'm Alone Lyrics
By Jenirus


Cash Me Out Lyrics
By rexolyrics

For my first album with F(x) I love this album from start to finish and proud to say I've joined the fandom, now just to finish their album collection, in the past few months I've recently got into a few male groups so I'd love to introduce you to them some point in the future, I'm excited to share with you two groups especially because not only are they involved with things within the group like lyrics, music and concepts, they are also always on point when it comes to their vocals and choreography, so keep an eye out in the next few weeks.

See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment