Tuesday 16 February 2016

Baked Goods: Chocolate Orange Cheesecake

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao


Welcome to my first baking post of 2016, I love making this cheesecake and it tastes divine, I first made this for Christmas Day at my sister's and it was pleasantly received with everyone who had a slice devouring it and commenting how tasty it was, I also made another for the very next day for a boxing day party we go to each year at our friends Kate and Dan's parents house and again it was well received, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you.
I used two recipe's when I made mine and if you would like to follow either of those recipe's I shall link them at the end.
I recently made it again for Valentines Day when I cooked myself and Andrew a 3 course meal with it being part of a trio of desserts so I need to apologise for that I didn't take pictures of the ingredients I used like I normally do.

Well lets get baking!

Ingredients:
600g digestive biscuits
300g unsalted butter
250g mascarpone cheese
250g Philadelphia cheese (Original)
85g icing sugar, sifted
1tsp vanilla extract
2x 175g Terry's chocolate orange
300ml double cream
Terry's chocolate orange segments
150ml whipping or double cream (optional)

Lightly grease a loose bottom pie or flan tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.

Start off by crushing the digestive biscuits to create your cheesecake biscuit base, depending on where I am, I use either a rolling pin and crush the biscuits in a bowl or the easier option is putting the biscuits in a blender and crushing them that way, once finished they will look like small crumbs.

Next put the butter in a pan and melt it to a liquid.

Once the butter is ready pour it into the biscuits a bit at a time and mix together till combined if you need to melt more butter till it mixes well and combines.

Next spread the biscuit base along the bottom and around the sides of the tin, I always use my hands when doing this as I feel I can flatten it properly. Once your happy with your base (you won't need to use all the base mixture) place it in the fridge till your ready for it again.

Next break both the Terry's chocolate orange and melt it over a bain-marie (pan of hot water with a bowl over the top with the chocolate in).

While your chocolate is melting in one bowl place both the mascarpone and Philadelphia cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix together either with a whisk or hand mixer.


Once the chocolate has completely melted leave to cool slightly.

In another bowl place the 300ml double cream and with a hand mixer, whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks.

Add the cream to the cheese mixture and fold together.


Next add the melted chocolate and fold it in again until combined.


Once the mixture is ready ladle the mixture onto your biscuit base and put back into the fridge to chill for either 6 hours or overnight.

Once your ready to use your cheesecake you can if deciding to use it whisk either your whipping cream or double cram till thick and forms stiff peaks, then with a piping bag decorate around the top of the cheesecake and place the Terry's chocolate orange segments on top of the cream, or you could do what I did and just placed a chocolate orange segment around the front of the slices being used. You could even just pour double cream over each slice if that's your preferred option.


For me this is a cheesecake that will never get old and it never lasts long in the fridge to go off as everyone enjoys it.
If you would like to follow the other recipe's I found then check them out below:

Let me know if you create this delicious cheesecake and how well it was received in the comments below.

See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

2 comments: