Tuesday 6 October 2015

Cooking: Cinnamon Beef Stew


Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao



The days are starting to get colder so I thought I'd share a recipe that I've come to love making especially in the colder months, when I found this recipe it was classed as a Christmas recipe with it containing cinnamon and I've sadly forgot the website and the full recipe for it but I will hopefully find it again and share this recipe with you all again in the Christmas countdown.


Ingredients:
500g Minced Beef
400g Diced Beef
187ml Red Wine
2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 Onion, diced
250g Chestnut Mushrooms
500ml Beef Stock
Ground Cinnamon
Vegetable Suet

First I started off by adding some olive oil to a pan and starting to fry the minced beef on a high heat.

While my minced beef was cooking I put plain white flour and cinnamon on a plate and mixed together.

Then I coated my diced beef in the now cinnamon flour.

Once my minced beef was finished I placed it into a bowl and cooked my diced beef in the pan
(don't worry if you got random black bits in your pan it's the flour and cinnamon just keep the beef moving)

When the diced beef is cooked put it into a bowl.

Next peel and chop your carrots, onion and mushrooms.

Add your diced onion to a deep pan with a little olive oil and cook for a minute or so.

Then add the chopped carrots and mushrooms and give it a stir.

Next add the 187ml red wine and let it simmer and reduce slightly.


Next add both the minced and diced beef to the pan and give another stir.

Then make your beef stock, I always do the 500ml put it in the pan and make another 500ml to top up the stock in the pan.

While that is cooking away make your dumplings.

Depending on which you buy follow the instructions on the Suet box.

For mine I added 100g Vegetable Suet (the box said 50g), 100g Self-Raising flour and then I added Basil and Oregano all into a bowl.

And mixed together, then using a tbsp. add cold water to the mixture until you get the right consistency to make your dumplings.

Once ready with floured hands make your round dumplings.

Then add to the pan to cook, I also topped up my stock and poured some over the dumplings then added a lid to the pan and let it simmer for 20 minutes for the dumplings to cook.

Normally I just serve the Stew on it's own in a bowl but decided to change it up a bit and added mashed potatoes to serve.

I cheated for the mash and used ready-made mash that I just had to cook in the microwave.

Once everything is cooked Plate it up however you like.

Let me know if you tried this recipe and what were your thoughts, this is one of my favourites, it's a good family meal and I love it all year round.
See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment