Tuesday 29 September 2015

Baked Goods: Baked Oreo Cheesecake

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao


I thought I'd try something new with this week's baking post and over the weekend, I attempted making a Baked Oreo Cheesecake a recipe I saw on Facebook and decided to save to give it a try, in the words of Joey Tribbiani 'what's not to like Oreo's good, Cheesecake gooood' OK so I made a play on his words but I'm not making Rachel's traditional English trifle but it's all the same *yes I did just make a F.R.I.E.N.D.S reference* if you've been reading my past baking posts you will know my first attempt at a cheesecake was a Japanese one so this is a whole new thing for me. Shall we begin?


Ingredients:
176g Oreo Biscuits
40g Butter, melted
350g Cream Cheese
200g Sour Cream
1/2 Lemon, zested
2.5 tbsp Custard Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
50g Caster Sugar
100g Dark Chocolate
100g Double Cream
75g White Chocolate

*adjusted recipe for what I baked*
500g Oreo Biscuits
100g Butter, melted
200g Dark Chocolate
150g Double Cream
100g White Chocolate

On the actual site of this recipe it's done in three steps but if your like me and need step by step info that's how I'm going to post it.


Firstly pre-heat the oven to 155C (fan assisted/175C/Gas Mark 3.5).

Smash all but 3 of the Oreo's into crumbs while the butter melts.
*I only used three of the packets pictured*


Add the Oreo's and melted butter together to create the base.

Press 2/3 into the bottom of a 20cm loose bottom cake tin and smooth covering the base.
*I used a flan/pie tin*

Next mix together the Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Lemon Zest, Custard Powder, Vanilla Extract and Caster Sugar.

Spread half of the mixture onto your biscuit base.

Sprinkle the remaining biscuit crumbs over the top.

Then add the remaining mixture over the top.

Place into the over to bake for 1 hour, after an hour let it cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.

Next it's time to melt the dark chocolate and mix with 70g of the double cream until combined.

Melt the white chocolate and mix with the remaining 30g of the double cream.

Spread the dark chocolate mixture all over the cake.

Drizzle the white chocolate mixture over the top of the cake and if you choose to use a toothpick to create a pattern.

Roughly chop the remaining Oreo's and place around the cake to decorate.
*I missed out this step*


If you would like to follow the recipe that I followed check out

I'm super excited that Halloween is fast approaching as I have lots of baking and cooking to share that week for anyone that wants idea's for Halloween parties.
See you soon!



An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

1 comment: