Wednesday 15 July 2015

Baked Goods: EXO cupcakes

Hello
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 

I'm trying my best to get back to blogging Monday to Friday and not wanting to leave tomorrow with nothing I thought I'd post another baking blog. This one is as you've guessed it dedicated to EXO, I had an EXO day with my friend Nichola and decided that the occasion deserved the appropriate baked goodness hence the title of this post.

Ingredients:
140g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar 
2 Large eggs
140g self raising flour 
For the buttercream 
85g unsalted butter, softened 
175g icing sugar
1tsp lemon extract

To begin with I prepped my bun tin tray (I used 2 trays) with 16 cupcake cases and preheated the oven to 160°c.
Next I weighed out my ingredients, I always measure out the butter last, using my handheld electric whisk I mixed the caster sugar and butter together, then added the eggs and whisked again until mixed well.
Next I added in the flour and mixed again until well combined, once ready I spooned the bun mixture into the 16 cupcake cases and then placed into the oven for 20 minutes.
While the cupcakes were cooling I prepared the icing sugar and butter and mixed till it formed into a buttercream then added the lemon extract and mixed well. Once the buttercream was ready I rolled out some purple icing and once ready cut out 9 circles and on each circle using writing icing I wrote each members name in hangul (Korean) and then their name in English underneath (in Baekhyun and Chanyeol's case I wrote BY & CY). While that was setting I melted 120g white Chocolate and then smoothed the chocolate onto 7 of the cupcakes and let set. Back to the buttercream on the 9 cupcakes left I smoothed on the buttercream and then added the icing circles onto each one. Once the chocolate has set on the other 7 using another tube of writing icing I wrote on 3 of the cupcakes spelling out E-X-O.
Well I kept this post short but after a taste test definitely sweet. Hope you enjoyed another baking blog.
See you soon! 


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment