Wednesday 6 May 2015

New food dishes!

Hello
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 

Hey readers welcome back, today is another food blog, I've not really made any proper from scratch dishes lately but thought I'd make two dishes especially for this blog post. Even though the first isn't really a from scratch recipe but lately I've really gotten a taste for Salmon, I can be really picky when it comes to Salmon most of the time it depends on how it's been cooked as sometimes Salmon can have a really fishy taste, I always cook mine in foil with a little oil.
Today's dishes are: Atlantic Salmon fillets marinated in Lime & Coriander on a bed of watercress, spinach and Rocket with herby potatoes on the side and finally a Spaghetti Bolognese with the sauce made from scratch served with Tagliatelle.

Salmon Fillets

Recipe
(Serves two)
olive oil 
2 fresh Salmon fillets marinated in Lime & Coriander 
2tsp green pesto
Handful of grated nature cheese
Handful of watercress, spinach and Rocket packet salad
10 baby potatoes
Butter
Mixed herbs



I started with boiling the kettle and adding the boiled water to a small pan with the baby potatoes and putting on a medium heat and leaving them till they softened (preferably 20/25 minutes).

Next I preheated the oven (fan) to 180°c and prepped the Salmon while the oven was heating.
I got two sheets of tinfoil ready and laid out flat and lightly poured some olive oil onto one of the sheets.
I then used my hand to smooth out the oil to lightly cover most of the foil. When I was satisfied I placed the Salmon on the foil.
I then spooned on the 2 tsp of the green pesto and used the back of the spoon to smooth it out over the top of the Salmon.

Then to finish it off I sprinkled on the cheese on top of the Salmon and then folded the foil to create a parcel around the Salmon and the repeated the process with the second fillet. Then place into the oven for 20-25 minutes.


Once the baby potatoes were soft I added a small dose of butter and added mixed herbs and stirred the potatoes onto the butter and herbs coating them evenly (this was after I drained the water from the pan). Then on the plate I placed a few handfuls of the green leaf salad, placed the Salmon on top and the added the baby potatoes.


Spaghetti Bolognese 

recipe
(Serves 4)
Olive oil 
Bacon Lardons
2 Large onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 carrots, chopped
1kg minced beef
2 Large glasses of red wine
2x400g chopped tomatoes 
2 fresh or dried bay leaves
Mushroom, chopped
Dried Tagliatelle 


First I chopped all the vegetables that needed chopping, then I added olive oil to a deep pan and browned the Lardons. Then added the chopped onions and crushed Garlic cloves.


After the onions and garlic softened I turned up the heat and added the mince beef, once it was cooked I added the two large glasses of red wine.




After the wine had reduced by a 3rd I added the chopped tomatoes, carrots and mushrooms, I then reduced the heat and let it simmer for 1hr 30 minutes.


The last 10 minutes of cooking I put on the Tagliatelle and once it was cooked I drained the water and plated it all up.

I often surprise myself with my cooking, think it's because I always think the worst.


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment