Friday 13 July 2018

Japanese Drama - Re:Mind

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Google Images
I've have something different today and instead of sharing a Korean drama, I'm sharing with you a Japanese drama. Today I want to share with you Re:Mind.

Re:Mind is a Japanese psychological thriller web television series, the series aired from the 13th of October 2017, ending on the 15th of February 2018, the series is 12 episodes long with a bonus special episode and the episodes are 30 minutes each.
The cast stars members of the Japanese idol girl group Keyakizaka46.

Stars:

Kyoko Saito

Memi Kakizaki

Yuka Kageyama

Mirei Sasaki

Shiho Kato

Ayaka Takamoto

Mei Higashimura

Mana Takase

Sarina Ushio

Kumi Sasaki

Mao Iguchi

Miho Watanabe

Re:Mind aired through TV Tokyo as well as being available through streaming service Netflix. The opening song for the drama is sung by the cast members that are members of Keyakizaka46  and perform under the unit Hiragana Keyaki46, check out the opening and the M/V below.


Re:Mind Theme Song


Soredemo Aruiteru - Keyakizaka46

After awakening in an old European style room, eleven high school classmates find themselves sitting at a large dining room table , with their feet shackled to the floor. They find that their situation could be related to another classmate named Miho who had disappeared months before. As they try figure out how to escape, some of the girls start disappearing from the table one by one. The girls realise they share a checkered past with Miho, but also suspect one of them could be behind the trap.


Japan are known to be able to pull of the horror, thriller and psychological genre's to which in the past the Western market has remade such as The Ring, The Grudge, Dark Water and One Missed Call. When I saw this on Netflix I added it straight to my list and I'm glad I did. While I was left searching the internet to explain what happened in the ending, I still enjoyed the series and was left on the edge of my seat by the end of each episode. I thought each member of the cast did an amazing job of portraying their character, it showed that because they are group members they were comfortable with one another in their acting, meaning that you could relate to any of the girls and even love each of the girls personalities. I think if you're a fan of anything psychological and just want a quick series to watch and can watch and read at the same time then I really recommend giving Re: Mind a try, and see what conclusion you come to with how the series ends as it's really down to the viewers interpretation.
Just remember I guess everything reminds you of something!

Have you watched Re: Mind?
What were your thoughts?
Did you guess who was the culprit?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment