Monday 23 October 2017

Girls Generation - Holiday Night

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)



2017 has been a year of celebration as well as shock and heartbreak for SONE, in August we got to celebrate the groups 10 year anniversary.

Holiday Night is Girls Generation's 6 full length album, on the 4th of July it was announced that Girls Generation would be making a comeback with a full length album to celebrate their 10th anniversary.
On the 26th of July Holiday Night Teaser Clip #YoonA was released.
"My dream came true right? I thought it would be hard but it was not. When I promoted as Girls Generation, I had a different energy. That was when I felt the happiest. Because there are so many members in Girls Generation, we create a lot of great memories, I think good times will come."
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 27th of July it was announced that the albums title would be Holiday Night, referring to their double title tracks Holiday and All Night, on the same day Holiday Night Teaser Clip #Tiffany was released
"Holding onto this dream, I came to South Korea in 3 weeks. Our debut day is close to my birthday, it was like a dream come true moment for me, it was like a gift for me. Girls Generation is a miracle! It feels like we depend on each other so much, if there is something I want to hear and want to tell, It would be NEVER CHANGE! I think there is something innocent about that."
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 28th of July Holiday Night Teaser Clip #YuRi was released.
"I'm used to asking myself if I'm doing well. I didn't know well at that time, how to appear more innocent. How do I explain it! like thump thump thump. I think it's fun and exciting."
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 29th of July Holiday Night Teaser Clip #HyoYeon was released.
"Time has gone by so fast. Watching out performance videos, I think we really have done many performances. The way I do my solo after being with Girls Generation for 10 years is different. It is obvious that because Girls Generation exists, HyoYeonie is here. I think we have the confidence that we can show our own colours more. Before I used to try to be positive, but now I'm really happy."
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 30th of July Holiday Night Teaser Clip #SooYoung was released.
"Girls Generation are superstars! But I don't know if that makes me a superstar. I always tell the members that when we talk about Girls Generation, it's like we're talking about someone else. I have many memories and I've done things I didn't know I was able to do. 10 years from now, I hope to be an aromatic person."
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 31st of July Holiday Night Teaser Clip #SeoHyun was released.
"I think the maknae receives lots of love. They tell me 'You're Girls Generation's pride', because I'm Girls Generation's one and only maknae. That makes me think I represent Girls Generation. Even their expressions are different, their hearts are the same. I hope they can be by my side forever. I usually think 'it's fortunate that I was born to be in Girls Generation'."
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 1st of August Holiday Night Teaser Clip #TaeYeon was released.
"To me, Girls Generation is like a country. It's a process of finding out what I can do best. I think being in Girls Generation allows me to do different things. Doesn't everyone eventually return to their home? I hope my members can become home-like to me and Girls Generation can be home to Girls Generation members."
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 2nd of August Holiday Night Teaser Clip #Sunny was released.
"I remember every first stage, we could not get ourselves together and were nervous, and there were many moments like that. I think we ran all the way to come here, the place where we can be able to enjoy ourselves. If we could turn back time we probably could have been more careful and more fun. But we wouldn't change a thing."
Owned by SM Entertainment
Th teasers were released in the order of their original debut teasers along with snippets of the tracks from the new album in the teasers as well as on their official website.
On the 2nd of August the M/V Teaser was released for Holiday.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 3rd of August the M/V Teaser was released for All Night.
On the 4th of August the M/V's were released for Holiday and All Night (Documentary Ver.) along with the digital release of their 6th full length album Holiday Night.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 5th of August the clean version M/V of All night was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Also on the 5th of August to celebrate their 10th anniversary, they held a fan meeting titled Holiday To Remember at the Olympic Hall, where they performed Holiday, All Night and One Last Time foe the first time. Holiday Night was released physically on the 7th of August.

Promotions were short, starting on the 10th of August, with SM Entertainment announcing on the 11th that their appearance on Inkigayo on the 13th would be the end of their promotions, with fans speculating whether it was down to YuRi's ankle injury or their contract renewals. Holiday Night sold 90,000 copies in the first week, surpassing their The Boys album as their fastest selling Korean album.

SeoHyun wrote the lyrics for Sweet Talk and participated on the lyrics for Holiday, while YuRi wrote the lyrics for 오랜 소원 (It's You).

Holiday Night peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.16 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.5 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
164,166+
Oricon Sales:
11,055+
Billboard Sales:
2,000+
Giving a total of 177,221+ copies sold.
The Holiday M/V has so far gained 27,115,613 million views, with the views increasing each day.
The M/V's for All Night have also gained high views with the Documentary version gaining 6,739,617 million views and the Clean version gaining 11,252,912 million views giving All Night a total of 17,992,529 million views, with the views for both increasing each day.

Holiday Night was released in 2 versions and Holiday version and an All Night version.
The Holiday version follows the concept of the Holiday M/V, with the lyrics and members saying a few words mixed in with the pictures. The All Night version is more of a 10 year anniversary, with the photo book containing pictures from the past 10 years as well as pictures from their All Night concept. Both versions come in the same design box case with the Holiday version being a vertical case and booklet and the All Night version being a horizontal case and booklet. The Cd designs for both versions are pretty much the same with a slight difference of Holiday and Night being highlighted depending on which version you have, both versions also come with a photo card.

Track List:
Girls Are Back
All Night
Holiday
FAN
Only One
One Last Time
Sweet Talk
Love Is Bitter
오랜 소원 (It's You)
Light Up The Sky






































































I have the All Night version and I am waiting on the delivery on my Holiday version, when deciding on which version to get first I watched an unboxing video that made me decide straight away that I wanted the All Night version with it being full of memories from the past 10 years. I love the layout of the album and the pictures inside are amazing showing how much they have grown and changed over the last 10 years. I especially love that at the back of the booklet it says SINCE 2007.8.5, as for me it adds to how much they've done and achieved over the years as a group as well as doing solo activities. I read a lot of mixed reviews for this album but for me it's their best album (yet), each track is extremely different, with each track giving off a different vibe, like many fans when looking up the translated lyrics I believe Light Up The Sky was chosen as a song that would make everyone feel like Jessica had been apart of their decisions. No matter how much people try to deny it (SM Entertainment) Jessica was a big part of Girls Generation for 7 years and it's a shame that she couldn't celebrate her 10 years with the rest of the girls. Personally also for me there was something bugging me about One Last Time, I couldn't help feeling that it was a song saying that they wanted one last time to succeed and it made me feel like changes may arise (who would know that a few months later the changes I could feel would happen). I feel that this will be a long post as I don't want to share with you just a few tracks from the album.

Girls Are Back

FAN
K/J-POP Lyrics

Love Is Bitter
rexolyrics

Only One
rexolyrics

Sweet Talk

오랜 소원 (It's You)

Light Up The Sky


One Last Time

Holiday
All Night

As I said at the start of this post 2017 has been the year of celebration and shock for SONE as in August we got to celebrate the girls 10 year anniversary and then on the 10th of October (9th in the UK) it was announced that Tiffany, SooYoung and SeoHyun had decided not to renew their contracts with SM Entertainment, sending SONE's into limbo on what would happen with Girls Generation. SM later stated that while Tiffany, SooYoung and SeoHyun had indeed decided to leave SM Entertainment to pursue and focus more on acting, all the members were not looking to disband and discussions were underway for future promotions for the group. Many fans were scared that the group will now promote as just 5 members, like many fans I was gutted by the news and even got a little teary but give my best wishes to each of the girls on their future careers. At the moment we can only speculate what the future for Girls Generation will behold but I wouldn't be surprised if they only release 1 full length album a year, while the girls all pursue solo endeavours.

지금은 소녀시대
JIGEUM-EUN, SO NYUH SHI DAE
RIGHT NOW, ITS GIRLS' GENERATION
앞으로도 소녀시대
AP-REU-DO, SO NYUH SHI DAE
TOMORROW, ITS GIRLS' GENERATION
영원히 소녀시대
YEONG-WONHI, SO NYUH SHI DAE
FOREVER, ITS GIRLS' GENERATION

Girls' Generation continues on!

What did you think to Girls Generations 10th anniversary album?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
What's your favourite overall track for the past 10 years?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment