Wednesday 2 November 2016

Cooking: Zesty Prawn Salad with Couscous

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


It's time for another of my cooking posts, which I will be doing a few of as I'm going to be sharing with you the recipes that I use for my meals for at work when I'm there for a full shift, shall we get started?



Ingredients:
1 cup couscous 
salt
pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup basil leaves
2 oranges 
uncooked prawns
1 lb cherry tomatoes
1 avocado 
1/2 small red onion
1 lime
Feta cheese (optional)

I started off by placing the couscous in a small pan, with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1 and a 1/4 cups of hot water and left for 15 minutes covered.

Next I started cooking the prawns and once cooked place them in a bowl ready for later on.

While the couscous was cooking I prepared the rest of the ingredients ready for mixing all together later on.
I didn't use both oranges as it got messy and I gave up.



I halved and juiced the lime but cut off a quarter first for serving at the end.


Once the couscous was ready I fluffed with a fork and added the olive oil and basil and gave it a mix, I then added the couscous to a bigger bowl, added a bit more basil.


I placed the orange, onion, avocado, tomatoes and prawns in a separate bowl, added the lime juice and gave it all a mix to make sure the lime juice coated it all.

Then it was time to serve, in my bento box I placed the couscous in first and then placed the rest of the ingredients on top and crumbled Feta cheese on top, I place the lime wedge in the corner of the box to squeeze over when I was ready to eat it.



This is another recipe that I found when looking for recipe's that uses avocado, I altered the recipe slightly as I don't like olives and used prawns instead of shrimp. It was really enjoyable and I would make this recipe again, it seems like a really healthy recipe so it's good to give it a try if you're trying to eat better and more good for you meals.

If you would like to try this recipe feel free to follow mine or check out and try the original recipe: Zesty Shrimp Salad with Couscous.

Let me know in the comments below if you give this recipe a try.

See you soon!



Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment