Monday 28 November 2016

BTS: O! RUL8, 2?

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao



It's about time we revisit another of my favourite male groups within the K-pop industry: BTS, we've got Dark & Wild, we've seen them in The Most Beautiful Moment in Life with Part 1 and Part 2, now it's time to head back to 2013 and visit a younger and less experienced group.

Oh! Are You Late, Too? stylised as O! RUL8, 2? was BTS' first mini album and was a follow up to their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool back in 2013.
On the 27th of August 2013 a BTS comeback trailer was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 4th of September the O! RUL8, 2? Concept Trailer was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 5th of September the first of 2 M/V teasers was released for title track N.O.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 8th of September the O! RUL8, 2? Album Preview was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 9th of September the 2nd teaser was released for the N.O M/V.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
Finally on the 10th of September 2013 the M/V for N.O was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
The next day on the 11th of September 2013 their first mini album O! RUL8, 2? was released for fans to hear, although N.O was the lead single from their first mini album, they later promoted Attack on Bangtan aka The Rise of Bangtan.
Like their other albums the rappers of the group Rap Monster, Suga and J-Hope participated on the album, co-writing: We On, If I Ruled the World, Coffee, BTS Cypher pt1, Attack on Bangtan and Satoori Rap.
Rap Monster and Suga co-wrote N.O.
Rap Monster co-worte the first track Intro: O! RUL8, 2?

O! RUL8, 2? peaked at No.4 on the Gaon Weekly Albums Chart, No.11 on the Gaon Monthly Albums Chart and No.55 on the Gaon Yearly Albums Chart, the mini album charted on the yearly album chart for then next 2 years peaking at No. 92 in 2014 and No. 87 in 2015.
Gaon Physical Sales:
76,570+
The N.O M/V has 2,506,514 views and continues to increase with each day.

This mini album is set out in the usual hard back book style case and follows a red and white colour scheme, with the members dressed in a hip-hop style. I love the layout and overall look and styling for this mini album, it's definitely the start of what is to be a great influence from BTS. 

Track List:
INTRO: O! RUL8, 2?
N.O
WE ON
SKIT: R U HAPPY NOW
IF I RULED THE WORLD
COFFEE
BTS CYPHER PT.1
진격의 방탄 (ATTACK ON BANGTAN)
팔도강산 (SATOORI RAP)
OUTRO: LUV IN SKOOL































Hip-Hop wasn't really a genre of music I really paid attention to before I got into K-pop, not only are BTS the first group that are Hip-Hop related that I really enjoyed listening to but they are also the first K-pop group that I listened to that contained swearing within their songs, they are also the first group that I got into that I was inspired by the fact they were involved in their own music, which made me pay more attention to them. It took me a while to choose a bias from this group but I eventually got there and I have to say my bias is Suga. This really is a great first mini album and I highly recommend for any BTS fan or even just for an awesome album to be added into your collection, check out a few of my favourite tracks below.


IF I RULED THE WORLD


ATTACK ON BANGTAN
By MBCkpop


COFFEE


OUTRO: LUV IN SKOOL


N.O
By MBCkpop

Hope I've brought you one step closer to being an A.R.M.Y, but honestly I'm still to share with you their best and most influential album yet so anticipate it.

Who is your BTS bias?
What's your favourite track from O! RUL8, 2?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment