Friday 28 October 2016

Attack on Titan Live-Action Film Part 2!

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


It's been about 3 months since I posted about part 1 of the live-action film for Attack on Titan and if you checked it out then you know that I was pleasantly surprised with part 1 after going into it with pretty bad expectations. I was going to post this a couple of months back but I kept postponing getting it ready, so lets have a recap.

Attack on Titan is also known as Shingeki no Kyojin and is a live action film based around the manga. The films are directed by Shinji Higuchi and written by both Yasuke Watanabe and Tomohiro Machiyama.

The films star:
Haruma Miura as Eren
Google Images
Kiko Mizuhara as Mikasa
Google Images
Kanata Hongo as Armin
Google Images
Takahiro Miura as Jean
Google Images
Nanami Sakuraba as Sasha aka potato girl
Google Images
Satomi Ishihara as Hans aka Hange/Hanji
Google Images
Hiroki Hanegawa as Shikishima
Google Images
The films were split into 2 parts with the 2nd part being named Attack on Titan: End of the World.
Part 2 was released in Japan September 19th 2015.

Sadly for the creators part 2 under-performed at the box office and made 2.1 billion Yen less than the first film, combined the films have made 4.93 billion Yen ($46 million).
Both of the theme songs in my opinion are really good and are both performed by Sekai no Owari.
Anti-Hero was used at the end of part 1.
SOS was used at the end of part 2.



After being surprised by the first film, I kind of felt let down by part 2 as it seemed predictable for who the bad guys were, which made me feel that Shikishima was even less like Levi. I was unimpressed when it seemed that they had killed of Hans and even more unimpressed when they killed of Jean. I feel bad that I don't really have much to say about this film compared to the first one but I'm in awe of how underwhelmed I was left with this film. I'm in no way saying I wasted my time watching the film, it is a re-watchable film but part 1 is definitely the better of the 2. I think my favourite part of the film has to be the ending, that to me was the only part I wasn't expecting and not something that has ever entered by head while reading the manga or watching the anime, so it will be interesting to see how the manga will pan out but I feel I will have a good long wait to see how Attack on Titan will end. One thing I will praise this film for is it's soundtrack, I wouldn't say I have to praise the acting as you will see from part 1 that I thought they all did a great job and Satomi Ishihara still had me laughing at how she brought Hans to life, she is definitely my favourite of the 2 films closely followed by Kanata Hongo and Haruma Miura.
I would love to see a big budget company get theirs hands on this franchise as with the right budget I really think these films could work, as it seems turning manga and anime's into live action films and shows seems to be popular with both Bleach and Sword Art Online getting a live action creation.
I'll still recommend giving these films a try as everyone is different and what I dislike about the film another could enjoy.

Have you seen part 2?
What did you think of the film?
Let me know in the comments below.


Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment