Monday 7 September 2015

Shinee: Shinee World!

Hello
An nyoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao



Welcome to another dose of K-pop Monday! and this week we're revisiting Shinee and their first full length Korean album.
Shinee World was released in August 2008 and included the lead single Love Like Oxygen, promotional track The Shinee World (doo-bop) and their previous a debut single Replay, Replay also featured on their first mini album released May of the same year. Like most albums Shinee World got a repackaged album October 2008 and was names Amigo (I don't have the repackaged album yet) and it contained three new tracks including the lead single Amigo, since it's release Shinee World has sold over 100,000 copies. Now that's it for all the main information let's get into the interesting part: my thoughts on this album.

For me being already being into Shinee and being a Shawol (Shinee fan) I'm disappointed to say that I was very underwhelmed with Shinee world, this maybe also down to not listening to it as much as their other albums but for me the songs didn't seem as tight and didn't seem as catchy, but then again everyone has to start somewhere right and I do believe Shinee have grown in many ways with their music. Don't get me wrong their are songs on the album that I enjoy listening to but it's not one of their albums i have on repeat and I only have a few of the songs on my Shinee playlist on my phone.

As I've already said Shinee debuted with the track Replay and is the final track on Shinee World, Replay started the group on their success with it being a hit. The MV in my opinion was pretty basic with their styling being the fashion at the time, I love that the video and styling is simple as you get to pay close attention to the members, I'm glad I got into Shinee when i did as now they all seem to have their own individual style, what I'm trying to politely say is that because they all had the same hair and style they would have been harder for me to tell who was who. Replay was also used for their Japan debut with the Korean MV using Victoria from F(x) as the female lead and the Japanese MV using our visual from Girls Generation YoonA, which was a smart move with Girls Generation already being popluar in Japan. Check out the Korean MV below.

Owned by SM Entertainment.

Next we have the lead single from the album Love Like Oxygen, again the MV was a pretty simple set, with similar styling and each member having a certain colour to identify the member. Even though as a group they have strong vocals the MV focused on their tight group dance skills. I have seen Jonghyun been made fun of many times for his vocals at the start of the song, even i couldn't help laughing with how out of place it sounds for the rest of the song. Check out the MV below.

Owned by SM Entertainment.

The album is set out in the case style of Girls Generations mini album Gee and Super Juniors Sorry Sorry album. It has a simple black and white case with the pictures inside being a mixture of colour and black and white pictures, throughout the booklet they pictures have the members names in the order they are sat in, with individual member shots showing the members name highlighted and with their date of births shown to give the fans more of an insight into each member. I love that they used black and white pictures as it shows that they don't need flashy colours to show off how incredible they are.

Tracklist:
The SHINEE World (doo-bop)
시랑의 길 (Loves Way)
산소 같은 너 (Love Like Oxygen)
너 아니면 안 도는걸 (ROMANTIC)
그녀가 헤어졌다 (One for me)
화장을 하고 (Graze)
마지만 산물 (Last Gift)(In my room-Prelude)
내 곁에만있어 (Best Place)
헤야 (Y Si Fuera Ella)
눈을감아보면 (Four Season)
In my room (Unplugged Remix)
누난너무예뻐 (Replay)

Front cover 








Tracklist

Lyrics 






Onew 

Minho

Taemin 


Jonghyun 

Key

Onew's Thank yous

Minho's Thank yous 

Taemin's Thank yous 

Key & Jonghyun's Thank yous 


Album credits 

Back cover 

Even though not all the songs are catchy they do what they are meant to do and show off their vocals as each members as a strong voice that fits in individually and as part of the group. Here are a few of my favourite tracks.

The SHINEE World (doo-bop)
산소 같은 너 (Love Like Oxygen)
너 아니면 안 되는걸 (ROMANTIC)
내 곁에만 있어 (Best Place)
누난 너무 예뻐 (Replay)

The SHINEE World (doo-bop)

산소 같은 너 (Love Like Oxygen)

너 아니면 안 되는걸 (ROMANTIC)

내 곁에만 있어 (Best Place)

누난 너무 예뻐 (Replay)

I'm still to share my favourite Shinee album with you, but all I can say about this group is that they've definitely improved during the years with many of the members now writing songs for both group albums and individual solo albums, even SM has gotten better with placing English within not just Shinee's but all their artists songs for example their track (ROMANTIC) they can be heard singing 'still, I have ROMANTIC in my heart' I would have thought it would have been romance in my heart. I fell this post is shorter than my usual K-pop posts but as much as I love the group, this album doesn't make me want to hit the play button after the CD has ended.
See you soon!


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment