Tuesday 11 August 2015

Baked Goods: Thank you Cupcakes

Hello 
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 

So three weeks ago Skye broke up from school for the six week holidays which meant saying farewell to her Year 3 teachers and Teaching Assistant and I'm probably not the only parent that when it comes to presents for the teachers I'm clueless in what to buy for them but one thing I have done for the past three years is baked something for the teachers. For me baking something for them hopefully shows I'm willing to take the time and effort into saying thank you for helping my daughter grow as an individual and to me baking makes the gift more personal. 


Ingredients:
125g softened, unsalted butter 
125g caster sugar 
2 large eggs
125g self raising flour, sifted
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract 

75g softened, unsalted butter 
225g icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp milk 
1 tsp vanilla extract 

250g pink icing (not pictured)

I began by pre heating the oven to 190°c and prepped my bun tins with cupcake cases, I used more than one tray at a time but pictured one to show my cases. Next I creamed together the butter and caster sugar till smooth.



Then I added the eggs mixing till they were combined into the mixture.

Then came the flour, I sifted half of the flour mixed till combined then sifted the other half and mixed till combined.


Lastly for the cupcake mixture I added 2 tbsp milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract and mixed together.


Next I added the mixture to the cases and put into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.

Once the cupcakes were out of the oven I started on the buttercream while the cupcakes cooled, I started by mixing the butter and then adding the milk and vanilla extract and mixed together.


Next I sifted half of the icing sugar and mixed it all together and then sifted in the other half and mixed together. 


Next I sprinkled icing sugar on the work surface and kneaded the pink icing and smoothed it into a ball shape.

Then on a re sprinkled surfaces rolled out the icing and then using a round cutter I cut out 18 circled writing out Thank You on them all, I did it as:
TH A NK Y O U


Once the cupcakes were cool enough I spread a tsp of buttercream on each bum and then placed the icing circles on each cupcake.

Skye had two teachers and one teaching as each one got a box with six cupcakes saying thank you.

All you mum's and dad's out there what do you buy your children's teachers when it comes to the end of the year?
See you soon! 


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

2 comments:

  1. Cute selfie!

    Kariss www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! They look so cute and delicious!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete