Tuesday 9 June 2015

Baked Goods: Key Lime & Lemon Pie

Hello 
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 



Welcome to another baking blog, this time I've made my version of a Key Lime pie, I say my version all I've done is added Lemons to make it a Key Lime & Lemon Pie. This is one of my baked goods that tends to get a good response and I'm often asked to make one, so here goes.

Ingredients:
600g Hobnob biscuits
300g Butter
1x 397g tin condensed milk 
3 Medium egg yolks
5 Limes (finely grated zest & juice)
2 Lemons (finely grated & juice)
300ml Double cream 
1tbsp Icing sugar 
(I normally have a picture of all my ingredients but I forgot to take one)

I started off pre heating the oven to 160°c ready for when needed. I wrapped both packets of hobnobs in clingfilm and then used a rolling pin to hit them to make them into crumbs for my base.

Once they were ready I melted 300g of butter and then poured the melted butter onto my biscuit crumbs in a bowl and mixed it together.
Next I placed the crumb mixture into a loose bottom pie tin (mine is a flan tin) and then placed it into the oven for 10 minutes.
While the base cooled I started on the rest of the pie, I placed my egg yolks in my mixer and whisked for one minute (I use an empty bottle to separate my eggs squeezing the bottle and releasing to pick up the yolk).
Then I added the condensed milk and whisked for 3 minutes.
While that was whisking I grated the limes and Lemons and juiced them too.
Once ready I added the juice and the zest to the mixer and whisked for another 3 minutes.
Once that was finished I poured the mixture in the biscuit base and placed in the oven again for 15 minutes.
Once the pie had cooled down I placed in the fridge overnight, it can have as little as 3hrs in the fridge to fully set, I tend to leave it 3hrs but because I didn't require it till the next day I left it in overnight.
When I was ready to serve I started on the  ream topping. I poured 300ml double cream into the mixer and added 1tbsp of icing sugar and whisked it together till it was a thick cream.
Once it was ready I Spread it onto the centre of the pie and then served.


Well that's me all baked out, I've just had a slice and it tasted delicious.
See you soon 


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment